Friday, 3 October 2014

Mac Coral Bliss & Double Happiness | Swatches & First Impressions

Hi Everyone! I mentioned in my haul post I'd be swatching these bad boys for you, so here they are! My love for peachy pinky nudes continues and this may just be my favourite lip combo ever. 

Let's talk about the Cremesheen Glass first, I got the colour Double Happiness, as the title suggests. The Mac website describes it as a "light frosted nude", which I guess is close enough, its very subtle, but gorgeous. I'm not a lipgloss kinda girl, to the point where I can't remember the last time I actually bought one and all the ones I own are gone off. This has rather sheer pigmentation, which I'm totally cool with, and it's fairly sticky, so it's got a bit of staying power, which I like. I mainly got it for layering over my many nudes, pinks and peachy lipsticks.
Next, a lipstick I've been perving on for a while, but never got around to picking up. Coral Bliss is a beautiful creamy, pinky peach, it's a Cremesheen formula, which is my favourite. Again, not the most pigmented lipstick, but it's definitely buildable. I really like having the option to wear it really light and natural, but this can be built up to opaque coverage. The swatch below is 2 layers. The wear time on this isn't fantastic, so touch ups are needed every few hours, but the colour is so close to my own lip shade that it wears down beautifully.
And here's some crappy swatches of the two on the back of my hand. Double Happiness is on the left and Coral Bliss is on the right. Very cheerful names, aren't they? On the bottom right is the two layered, how pretty is this combo? 

Have you tried either of these? 

Awkward lip close-up & much love xxx 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx