Sunday, 12 October 2014

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

Hi Everyone! So this is my first Halloween look for you this year! Very much inspired by the beautiful and incredibly talented @chrisspy, I saw her post a few of these half-skull faces on Instagram and thought they were so cool I just had to recreate it.


I'm not entirely sure what this is supposed to be as a whole, a skull warrior princess perhaps?



Here's the inspiration photo <3


I used Mehron white foundation for the base of the skull part and let me tell you, this shit is hard to work with! It took me several attempts to figure out the best way to apply it to get an even, opaque result, hence the unevenness around the nose etc. I found I had to mix it with the lightest, runniest foundation I had, and apply it with a Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge.

The dark parts and shading are Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Liner in Jet and Urban Decay Blackout Eyeshadow used with a vast array of pointed liner and angled liner brushes.


On my eyes I used Quarry by Mac as a transition shade, Sugarlite by Sleek in the crease and under the lower lashes and Royal by Smashbox (Blackberry by Mac would work just as well) to deepen up the outer V. I foiled Provocateur from the Urban Decay Vice Palette onto the lid and highlighted my browbone and inner corner with Pow! by Sleek. 

I used Gosh White Kohl Pencil along my waterline and liner on top is Loreal Gel Intenza. The top lashes are Eylure No145 and the bottom ones are Ardell 112's

My contacts are by a brand called Magic Color and they're the Super Pink I think. I just got them locally, not sure if they're available online. I kept my brows simple with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz (Ash Blonde) , Brow Powder Duo (Medium Brown) and Clear Brow Gel.




I have a few ideas now on what other looks to do for you guys, also requests welcome! 

Much Love xxx





2 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of this look! And I actually think yours is much better than Chrisspy's!
    I can't wait to do some sort of recreation myself or even a face chart of something like this!

    Check out my blog?
    Krystal | Little Beauty Bug <3 & Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx