Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Haul | Mac, Nars, Sleek, Bourjois & More

Hello Everyone! Sorry it's been another very quiet week on here, I was away to Dublin for a flying visit at the weekend and just didn't get around to posting anything. I did, however, do a bit of shopping whilst I was there, so just wanted to share with you quickly some of the things I got, although I've no doubt you'll be seeing these pop up in future posts. I got a good mixture of high end and drugstore products, some new exciting stuff and some staples I needed to replace. 

Let's start with the Mac goodies shall we? I've been on the hunt for a really boring eyeshadow, as weird as that may seem. You know something that's maybe a shade darker than your skintone, super neutral and maybe has a bit of a texture to it? Something that you can just pop on all over the lid to even out skintone but give a bit of definition for everyday? I didn't really own anything like that, so I got my hands on Era, and it's just a perfect neutral, that you don't really even notice on the eyes but makes all the difference. Loving it so far, I've no doubt it'll make an appearance in future looks. 

I also got a back-up of Kid, becauseI got an email from Mac saying it will be discontinued, but when I asked the sales assistant, she had no clue. Maybe I dreamt the whole thing up hahah. Oh well, can never have enough Kid in my life anyway. 

I also got the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in the shade Medium, to better match my skintone than the Light I already have. Have you guys seen the new (I actually have no idea when they changed it) packaging for the Mineralize range? I love it, I think it's far sleeker than the old one. Great that you get a mirror in it too. 

I also treated myself to two new lip products, a Cremesheen Glass in the colour Double Happiness and a Cremesheen Lipstick in the shade Coral Bliss. I'll have a separate post swatching these bad boys for you. 
Other high-end bits I got was the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation, which I've had my eyes on for literally years, and finally decided to treat myself to. Thoroughly impressed so far, again, I'll review this for you in a few weeks time, once I have a better feel for it.

The rest are boring, but essential parts of my make-up bag, my trusted Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden and Clinique High Impact Mascara.
I then popped into Boots to stock up on a few goodies that are very hard to come by here in Finland, or where I live anyway. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and Healthy Balance Powder were just replacements for ones I'm almost out of, and I couldn't resist the offer on Eylure lashes.

 I've been dying to try out a Beauty Blender for ages, but again, quite hard to get your hands on here and they're very pricey. So when I saw the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge for a fraction of the price of a Beauty Blender, it was a no brainer. I've only used it maybe twice so far, but been absolutely loving the result. Not sure if it's down to the sponge or the Sheer Glow, or the combination of the two, but I will find out and report back. 
I've never tried Sleek Make Up before, but heard so much about their palettes, I just had to grab one to try. I would've liked to try out the Acids palette I think it's called, but that Boots didn't stock it, so I grabbed this Ultra Mattes V1 Brights Palette instead, which looks good enough to eat, doesn't it? Expect some very bright and colourful looks coming up. I'll do a separate swatches and review on this at a later time too I think.

I think I've got my make-up cravings sorted now for another while, I can't wait to get playing with these. Have you tried any of the mentioned products? Thoughts? 

Much Love xxx






3 comments:

  1. The Sleek Palette looks lovely. Super jealous of your MAC purchases :) Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nars Sheer Glow! It's my hg foundation. What shade did you get?

    I should try the real techniques sponge. I have a beauty blender but I feel like I need a new one (the tip broke off) and they're just so expensive...I mean it's a sponge haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the shade Light 4 Deauville (?) . You should, I haven't tried the beauty blender, but I'm LOVING the RT one so far :) they're only like a fiver too, can't really go wrong, can ya? :) x

      Delete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx