Monday, 20 October 2014

Aqua Spotlight Smokey Eye Using Maya Mia Palette

Hey Everyone! This is a look I did maybe 5 or 6 weeks ago, hence the darker hair. I cannot even begin to explain the amount of difficulty I've had trying to get this post up for you, lets just say I'm incompetent/incredibly unlucky with technology and I've definitely sprouted a few grey hairs over the stress hahah.

I was dying to use the Aqua shade from the Maya Mia Palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills, but with it being so close to my own eye colour, it's not the most flattering on me. No that's not the right word, I guess it's just a shade that perhaps won't make my eye colour pop the way some of the warmer tones would. I decided to really play up that fact and line the pops of aqua above and below my iris, sandwiched between some smoky colours, I really like the way it turned out.

I buffed some Nude and Warm Taupe (<3) into my crease for a nice transition shade. I then began building up some Caramel mixed with Deep Brown to the inner and outer corner, blending into the crease. I then deepened both corners up with just Deep Brown. I applied some Gosh White Kohl Pencil in the middle of my lid as well as my waterline and lower lashline where I wanted Aqua to go and just pressed it on with a flat brush then. Naturally I used Vanilla to highlight my browbone and inner corner.

The eyeliner (top lashline and waterline) is Jet also by ABH, I used Clinique High Impact Mascara and the lashes are Wispies by Ardell.

On my brows I'm wearing Taupe Dipbrow Pomade.

Guys, I really believe I look ridiculous with an overdrawn lip. I adore this look on other people but I'm just not feeling it on me. What do you think? 


Also, I should be back to the old twice a week posting "schedule" now, I gots meself a new laptop. Woop! 

Much Love xxx


2 comments:

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx