Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Updated Brow Routine

Hi guys! So I've been getting a lot of questions about my brows on Instagram, so I thought I'd show ya how I do them. It's so simple and straightforward, but I have started using new products, so why not share it. 

I have always just used brow powder and/or eyeshadow to fill in my brows, so trying out all these new products has definitely been exciting and a bit of a learning curve. I'll show you how I use the Anastasia Brow Wiz combined with their Brow Powder Duo as it's my favourite way to do my brows right now. I don't think I've quite mastered the art of using the Dipbrow Pomade just yet, still very much experimenting with it, so I might do a post on that later.

So without further ado, here's a little before and after of my brows, so as you can see, the finished result is quite natural looking but still polished and defined, just the way I like them.


I have managed to grow my brows to a shape I'm happy with, so thankfully I don't have too much to correct par a few sparse areas. When it comes to grooming, I just tweeze and trim them. I really like the combination of the pencil and brow powder, as the powder can cling on to the waxy texture, whilst setting the pencil in place, so the two just marry together really nicely. I also like using both just on their own if I'm in a rush and set the hairs with the ABH Clear Brow Gel which I'm obsessed with. 


So I first lay down the pencil, concentrating on sparse areas, the tail of the brow which I like to extend a little as well as map out the general shape. Some people don't like defining the top part of the brow, but everybody's different, I find it flattering on me. The shade I use is Ash Blonde, although Soft Brown I can get away with too. 


I then go in with the Brow Powder Duo in the shade Medium Brown with the number 12 brush. Has any of you tried this brush? Oh my. I'm gonna have to order about a gazillion more of them, best angled brush I've ever tried. So I use the lighter side of the brow powder, and just fill in all the rest. I go heavier handed at the tail of the brow and get lighter and lighter as I near the front. Then I just take the spoolie at the other end of the brush and really buff the products in. 

Then I finish off with a lick of the Clear Brow Gel, et voila! 


Eeep, bare eye! 

Oh and here's my new kitty cat MeiMei using my palettes as a fine viewing tower. I didn't even get mad that she squashed it hahah.


Much Love xxx




2 comments:

  1. Your brows are amazing! Brow game strong x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your brows.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx