Sunday, 7 September 2014

Soft Cut Crease & Ombre Glitter Liner

Hey Everyone! I honestly didn't know what to call this look, there is a possibility I may have gone for too many components. I was so excited to get a proper play-around with my brand spanking new Maya Mia Palette thanks to Anastasia Beverly Hills, that I went a bit kray with the details. I saw Chloe Morello do a really cool winged liner look on her YouTube channel recently using Make-Up Store Showstopper Glitter Liner so I'd been dying to use mine, attempting to crate an ombré liner, going from that really sparkly gunmetal to plain matte black in the wing. 

I've also been stalking Erika's Instagram (@havsvind) a lot recently and wanted to do something striking on the lower lashline like she does a lot. Unfortunately this is really challenging what with my wrinkly under eyes, but think I just about got away with it. Definitely check out her page if you're looking for some serious eye make-up inspo. 

I started out by wanting just a bit of definition in my socket line, but I guess I got a bit carried away with my gorgeous new Maya Mia Palette and ended up with this dramatic yet neutral look. 


I used Vanilla from their Contour Kit all over as a base, then worked Warm Taupe (probably my favourite shade in the palette), Caramel, Deep Brown and Nude into the crease and under the lower lashes. I popped Vanilla from the palette into the brow bone and inner corners and intensified that with a tiny bit of my theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

I used Jet Cream Liner, also by Anastasia, as my liner and on the lower and upper waterlines. The glitter liner is Showstopper by the Makeup Store as I already mentioned, and the lashes are my favourite Wispies by Ardell


On my brows I'm wearing a cocktail of Dipbrow Pomade in Taupe, Brow Powder also in Taupe and their Clear Brow Gel just to set the front. I seriously feel like I'm never ever gonna have a bad brow day again, there is a reason these products are so hyped up. They're the bomb

I didn't do a tutorial for this look because you guys have seen everybody and their mother do a cut crease look, I have shown all the techniques I used in this in previous posts. 



On the rest of my face I'm wearing Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, Mac Pro Longwear Concealer, Anastasia Contour Kit (Fawn, Vanilla), Mac Well Dressed Blush, theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer and on my lips I have a dot of Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Posy Pink.

I may have gone in a little heavy handed on the nose contour, but whatever.

Top and necklace (obsessed) both from H&M.

What do you guys think? 

Much Love xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx