Sunday, 24 August 2014

Muted Green & Plum Smokey Eyes

Hi Everyone! I wanted to do a smokey look veering slightly away from the neutrals I always gravitate towards. This is a nice way to wear colour without it being too in-your-face. These colours would look absolutely stunning on hazel or brown eyes, they don't do much for me, but I still really like the way it turned out. The gold stud is optional ;) 
I primed my lids with my trusted Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden.
Taking Club by Mac on my Crown C124 Firm Shader brush, I packed it on all over the moving lid. Using my C200 Blending a Brush, also by Crown, and a tiny bit more of Club, I buffed this into the socket. The more you blend out Club, the more of that warm brown duochrome shows up, so this works perfectly as my base and transition colour. 
Next, to deepen the outer half of the lid and crease, I took Sketch, also by Mac, on a stiff blending brush. These two shades work beautifully together, you can't even tell where one ends and the other begins. Layering the two gives a lovely depth and dimension to the look.
To define the outer V further, I applied a little bit of Blackberry by Mac on a Crown Bullet Brush. Between all these steps I went back in with my blending brush and buffed out any harsh edges. Also with all that blending, I lost some of the intensity of the green pearl in Club, so I just went back in and packed some more where I needed it. Then blended. 
For a nice, subtle matte brow highlight and to help blend out the Club colour further, I used Vanilla from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit. I also popped a bit of this on the inner part of my eye where I get really dark, just to brighten that area up.
To really make the colours pop, I foiled a little bit of Money from the Urban Decay Mariposa Palette on a Real Techniques Accent Brush right in the inner corner, blending into Club. The photos don't do justice to how cool it looked in real life. Just take my word for it! ;)
I did a pretty dramatic winged liner using my L'Oréal Superliner Gel Intenza
I took that liner in the upper and lower waterlines also, smudging it out with some more Blackberry in the outer half and adding a pop of gold in the inner half. I used Limelight from the same Mariposa Palette.
To finish the look off I applied a generous coat of Clinique High Impact Mascara and filled in my brows using the Catrice Brow Set. I popped a little gold stud in the outer corner for no particular reason. I think the original idea was to place it in the wing of the eyeliner, but I couldn't get my wing big enough to accommodate it. The lashes are Ardell Wispies, love them.
Other Products Used:
-Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
-Mac Pro Longwear Concealer
-Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder
-Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit (Banana, Vanilla & Fawn)
-theBalm Hot Mama Blush 
-Lumene Rose Lipliner #2
-Mac Lipstick in Creme de Nude
-Mac Lipglass in Fresh Air
Which lighting do you guys prefer? Above is outside, below is inside but in natural light.

 Let me know what you think! 

Much Love xxx

8 comments:

  1. Love it! Something similar to this is what I wear anything I feel like wearing something darker, since it's so easy to do haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, it's so easy and simple :) x

      Delete
  2. I like the outside lighting better! I love this tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback dear, I like it better too! X

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty! *-* Definitely gonna try the combination of club and sketch, probably without this bluish shade as I have brown eyes, but it looks gorgeous on yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could totally add it in, it's actually a lot more green in real life, amateur photographer at work here ;) this would look amazing on brown eyes!

      Delete
  4. I need Club in my life! It looks like a lovely shade. Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those "one shade does all" kinda colours, highly recommend! :) x

      Delete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx