Thursday, 14 August 2014

@dominiqueldr Inspired Editorial Look

Hi Everyone! So I was stalking @dominiqueldr 's Instagram the last night and stumbled accross this really interesting look she did, and knew I had to attempt to recreate it. I'm obsessed with heavy shading around the nose bridge area at the minute, I just think it looks really cool and fashion-y. Obviously this is totally unwearable, but that's part of the reason I wanted to try it out. The dramatic shading in the inner corners and under the eyes are pretty much the opposite of where you usually put dark shades, so it's all in reverse kinda, I just thought it looked so intriguing. I went for different tones than what she used, although mine came out very bruisy looking hahah. It was a challenge to say the least to photograph this look, as it's not the prettiest. Hers is obviously just fabulous, but I had a lot of fun trying it out.  


Here is the inspiration photo, definitely check her out if you haven't already, so many out-there, crazy colourful looks! Plus she's stunning!



I didn't do a tutorial for this because frankly, I didn't know what the hell I was doing! Here is a list of products I used in case you're interested though. ;)

-Foxy by Urban Decay (all over lid)
-Royal by Smashbox (the darkest parts)
-Anonymous by UD (brow & inner corner highlight)
-Laced by UD (transition)
-Quarry by Mac (transition)
-Well Dressed blush by Mac (edges)
-Clinique High Impact Mascara
-Kiss Lashes #02
-Gosh White Kohl Pencil
-Catrice Brow Set

Let me know what you think! 

Much Love xxx








4 comments:

  1. this looks sooooo ah-mah-zing :D and i think that you can wear it on a saturday night out ... definitely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much hun! :) you could if you were brave enough for sure! :D xx

      Delete
  2. Ahhh you have serious skill! Love it, very unusual.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx