Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Soft Bridal Tutorial

Hi Everyone! So this is the second of my bridal looks, more toned down than the last, this ones all about wide awake eyes, fluttery lashes and glowing, healthy skin, perfect for perhaps a very young bride, someone who doesn't like heavy make up or a more mature bride. I've some super colourful and dramatic looks coming next, so watch this space! Hope you like it!
I primed my eyes with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in the shade Eden.
I began with my brow highlight, I used Pick Me Up from the Mac Cool Neutrals Palette.
Taking the colour right beside that, Cozy Grey, on a Real a Techniques Base Shadow Brush, I began building it up in the socket area, blending up to meet with the highlight colour. This particular shade takes ages to show up, so just keep building patiently until you're happy with the depth.
I felt that the eyes were beginning to look too cool in tone, so decided to warm up the socket area with a little bit of Samoa Silk, also by Mac, on the same brush, right the way over Cozy Grey.
I applied Brule to the moving lid, I just wanted a matte flesh tone to even things out. You can barely see this step, I apologise for the photos in this post again. It's been so hot and bright out recently, it takes all my willpower to even put makeup on, but the brightness outside means the photos come out really shadowy, so the struggle is real folks. 
To highlight the middle of my moving lid, I used Sweet Allure from the Cool Neutrals Palette again, it's a really pretty frosty light pink.
To add subtle definition at the lashes and ever so slightly elongate my eyes, I pushed some Brun on a Crown Angled Brush along my lashline. 
I applied my beloved Clinique High Impact Mascara just along the top lashes for now. Think mine is starting to dry up, need a new mascara. Any suggestions are welcome, this one hasn't been wowing me lately like it used to, think I've worked up the courage to try something new hahah. I just hate buying new expensive mascaras and always getting panda eyes throughout the day, I find that this is the only truly smudgeproof one I've found. 
Eylure Naturalites 100's & Nars Larger Than Life Pencil in Rue Bonaparte along the waterline.
Here I did my base, ran a bit of Brun along the lower lashes, applied mascara to the bottom lashes and popped a bit of Sweet Allure in the tearduct area to really brighten the eyes up.
Outside.
Other Products Used:
-Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
-Mac Studio Finish Concealer
-Mac Pro Longwear Concealer
-Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder
-Nars Laguna Bronzer
-Benefit Coralista Boxed Blush
-Catrice Brow Set
-YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick Peach Passion
-Kate Moss for Rimmel 03 Lipstick

The finished look! Let me know what you think! 

Much Love xxx

5 comments:

  1. Love it :-) getting married in the end of september and will try this to see if it "fits" can you please reccomend a good fake lash glue ? Viktoria, norway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! Do let me know how you get on! :) I swear by DUO glue, but I've heard great things about the House of Lashes one too. Xx

      Delete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx