Saturday, 5 July 2014

Mac Pro Longwear Concealer

Hi Everyone! Sorry it's been a bit quiet on the blog here this past few weeks, my better half was visiting me and blogging naturally took a bit of a backseat. However, I'm back now, and I've loads of fun looks in the pipeline. I thought I'd start off with this little review/first impressions post as I'm quite excited about it. I'm sure a lot of you already own/use this, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it! As the title suggests, I'm talking about the Mac Pro Longwear Concealer. I wasn't exactly on the hunt for a new concealer to try as I've been quite content with my go-to Mac Studio Finish Concealer, but seeing all my favourite YouTube gurus slap this on in every video this year, I got kinda curious. The idea of a liquid concealer intrigued me, having always went for a more creamy texture. I've only used this about 6 times now, but here's my thoughts on it so far. Hope you enjoy! 
So, it comes in a 9ml/0.30 fl oz glass bottle with a plastic pump and in Finland it retails for €20. I got the shade NC20 which is about a shade too light for me at the moment as I've got a bit of a tan going on, but I figured this will last me longer than my tan, and in the meantime I can use it for a subtle sort of a Kim-K under eye highlight thang. For blemishes, I find that if I use my foundation brush (Real Techniques Expert Face Brush) to press it in and a bit of face powder, the colour is a non-issue. 
The packaging of this product is interesting, it's like a miniature foundation bottle. I like the pump for hygiene purposes, this would be excellent for a professional kit. On the other hand, the pump is a bit annoying because one pump is way too much. You could cover your entire face with one pump, a little of this goes an awful long way. Hence, I find myself trying to get a perfect little half-pump and it's quite hard to do with this particular one, I think it's a bit on the cheap side. So then if you pump out too much, you have to use it because obviously you can't put it back in. How many times did I use the word pump in that paragraph?! I'm also a little worried about how it will dispense product once I'm near the end?
Sorry for the colour difference in the photos below, that's my amateur photography for ya. This concealer is very thin and runny in texture and not the highest of coverage. That's alright though, because the thinness means that it's easy to build up an extra layer on say, a blemish, achieving the coverage needed without the product caking up and looking thick. I find this extremely good under the eyes, I get such minimal creasing, which is a bit of a miracle what with my crinkly eyes. Once this baby sets, it's there to stay, as the name suggests. I've easily got 10 hours of wear without touch ups with this. Although it sets matte, I don't find it drying on the skin.
Whatever about this working as an eyelid primer, I'm not sure. I've tried it a few times and all my eyeshadow has gathered in my socket within an hour. That's not the purpose I bought it for though, so I won't take points away from it for that! 

Have you tried this concealer? Thoughts? 

Much Love xxx

1 comment:

  1. great review. i have never tyed this but i am surprised that it is a thin texture. i always thought it was quite thick...

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx