Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Look of the Day | Cat Eyes & Nude Lips

Hi Everyone! I was going to call this my "go-to" look, but decided against it as I've literally only worn makeup a handful of times this summer, it's just been too hot and I've recently started a job which requires me to wear none, so I'm taking full advantage of the extra half an hour in bed in the mornings. So I don't really have a go-to look at the moment, but I wanted to create something that I just felt pretty in, so if I was going anywhere, I'd wear something like this. Also, I feel like my liner skillz have been a bit rusty as of late, and it really wanted to take my time and try achieve a "perfect" winged liner. 
I also got a new lipliner yesterday, which was an almost perfect match for my lips, so I was really excited to experiment with that and try create a really blown out pout. I got Lumene Wild Rose Lipliner in the shade 2. This is a Finnish brand, but a perfect dupe is The Make Up Store lipliner in Natural, which I was going to get, but then found this and it was half the price. I obviously need a lot more practice with the whole lip overdrawing, but this was really fun. I popped Mac Fresh Air Lipglass on top for the craic.
The eyes were quite simple, so I didn't bother doing a tutorial for them. Here's a list of products I used, in case you're interested;

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden
UD Naked Basics Palette: Walk of Shame & Foxy (sheer wash all over lid), Naked2 (upper crease, nose contour, lower lashline), Crave (outer-V).
Mac Eyeshadows: Swiss Chocolate (lower lashes, outer corner & crease), Embark (outer corner), Shroom (middle of moving lid), Brule (browbone & inner corner) & Blanc Type (inner corner).
Loreal Gel Intenza Liner
Clinique High Impact Mascara
Kiss Natural Lashes 02
Catrice Brow Set

On my skin I used Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, Mac Pro Longwear Concealer, Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder, Nars Laguna Bronzer and Mac Well Dressed Powder Blush.


Let me know what you guys think! 

Much Love xxx


13 comments:

  1. I adore this look - you look stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is sooo lovely! amazing job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you to say, thank you! :) xx

      Delete
  3. You wanna know what I think? Okay, I'm gonna tell you. I think you're gorgeous and I adore this and the rest of your makeup looks. So pretty and classy. Are you wearing fake eyelashes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! My ego is getting a major boost here hahah ;) I am, they're by the brand Kiss and I think the number is 02? Xxx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! My liner skills have got so bad. Early mornings and liner don't mix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! My liner skills have gotten so rusty lately! Early mornings and liner don't mix ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feel bro! Not something to try master in a rush and/or when in a hurry :P xx

      Delete
  6. You're beautiful! :)
    And also this look is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sara, this look is lovely (as always perfectly created/applied). Pretty please could you tell me where you got these amazing necklaces you've been wearing recently?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment! Theyre all from H&M, pretty much everything i wear is from there hahah xxx

      Delete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx