Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Glamorous Bridal Tutorial

Hi Everyone! Here's a look I mentioned I'd be doing weeks ago on Instagram and but never seemed to get around to! Until now obviously. I've done my fair few brides over the last couple of years and just as a disclaimer, this is probably a good bit heavier than what most of them asked for. But as the title suggests, this is a glamorous bridal look, so better suited for someone who wears makeup a lot and would look almost washed out in anything lighter. Such as myself. That's the thing I was going for, something I personally would wear on my wedding day. I think I'll do a more "natural" version too, let me know if that's something you'd be interested in seeing. Also just to apologise in advance, the lighting in the photos of this post is all over the place. It started out bright, then it got stormy, and brightened out towards the end again, so the colours look a bit off. That happens when you rely on natural light and it's very annoying. Seriously considering investing in a proper lighting system, but until then, bare with me! Anyway, hope you enjoy the tutorial!
I primed my lids with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden. This one is so handy because it covers up any discolouration, veins etc on the eye area as well as keeping eyeshadows in place all day.
Because that primer felt extra sticky today, I did a light wash of Brule eyeshadow by MAC, a matte flesh tone, all over the lid, crease and browbone, just to make sure the shadows I was laying down next would blend easily.
To create a transition for the darker colours later and to give the eye some depth and dimension I lightly blended some Quarry by MAC, on a Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush in the outer corner and socket.
I'm not sure if Smashbox sell these palettes anymore, and if they don't I apologise, but I took the colour Putty from the Girls On Film Smokebox palette on a Crown Pencil Brush and applied that along the top lashes, outer corner and outer crease. I used the last brush I used to blend. Putty is an iridescent minky medium brown, anything similar would do. 
This is where it started lashing rain and I look like I've got a black eye in the photos :( 
Taking another Smashbox palette, this is the Softbox, and the colour Fizz, which is very similar to Sin by Urban Decay, I packed it on the moving lid and inner corner.
I personally prefer a matte brow and tearduct highlight on brides, I think it looks a lot fresher than a "dancing on ice" style shimmer explosion. For this I mixed Brule and Blanc Type, both by MAC.
Next I tight lined my upper lashline with Loreal Super Liner Gel Intenza and my Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush. I also wedged the liner right into the roots of the lashes, this is just to help disguise my lash band later.
So soften out that line, I used the colour Royal from the Smokebox palette and my Smashbox Travel Precision Liner Brush.
I applied my Eylure Naturalites #100 and Clinique High Impact Mascara.
I took that pencil brush and ran whatever product was left on it along the lower lashline. Also applied mascara down there.
Filled in my brows with the Catrice Eyebrow Set, et voila! 
Whoops forgot to clean up them mascara stains :O
Other Products Used:
-Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
-Mac Studio Finish Concealer
-Mac Pro Longwear Concealer
-Mac Mineralize Skinfinish
-Nars Laguna Bronzer
-Mac Fleur Power Powder Blush
-Bobbi Brown Pale Pink 21 Lipstick
-Smashbox Fizz Eyeshadow to highlight


Let me know if you'd like to see more bridal looks! 

Also follow me on 

Twitter: @sarakalima
Instagram: @sarakalimamakeup

Much Love xxx

10 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful! Definitely more what I would like to wear instead of a barely there look haha Still interested in seeing a more natural look though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! I think I'll do it yeah, and then maybe an even more dramatic one! :) x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful make up for a stylish bride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't help but notice how good your hair looks. Do you have a haircare routine post? Can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hun, I don't think I have an updated one actually! I must do one! It's not anything fancy mind, and thanks for your lovely comments :) xxx

      Delete
    2. Thank you! About a year ago I tried to get to your hair colour but it ended very bad. It's the colour I'll secretly wish forever, haha!

      Delete
    3. Aww sorry it didn't work out for ya! My hair used to be in far better condition than this, but I can't seem to choose between long healthy hair and the colour I want :P hopefully this post will clear some things up :) thanks for the idea by the way! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to see it! I have to admit, I'm passionate about haicare products, although my hair is in terrible condition haha. Anyway, thanks

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx