Sunday, 6 July 2014

Tropical Sunset Eye Tutorial

Hi Everyone! So excited to share this look with you all, I'm quite happy with how it turned out! I really had no idea what I was going to end up with when I started, I was just playing around and taking photos as I went along, being all creative and whatnot. I hope you like it! 
I began by priming my lid with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden. Please excuse the spot in my eyebrow! 
I mainly used the Urban Decay Vice Palette for this look, so if you have that, this should be handy enough to recreate. I began by applying Laced on my Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush to the socket. I swept this in quite liberally from inner corner to outer corner. It's a lovely matte, light, muted, pinky brown colour.
Next, on a generic small shader brush, I took the colour Vice and "sandwiched" it onto the moving lid, meaning I left the centre of the lid clean. I've used this technique loads recently, I think it gives a lovely effect to the eyes. This didn't come out super strong because I'd laid down that Laced colour already, but I didn't really mind. I was going for a slightly softer look, but if you wanted this to look really intense, just avoid getting Laced on the moving lid. I blended the edges with the same Base Shadow Brush.
I applied the shade Provocateur, a cool lilacy pink glitter, with my Crown C124 synthetic flat shader brush. I applied it wet, to get that "foiled" effect. 
I highlighted my browbone with Anonymous.
I wanted to try something different for the lower lash line, so I dug out Samoa Silk by Mac Cosmetics, the only shadow not from the Vice Palette. I love the contrast of this peachy warm tone and super matte texture to the icy coolness and shine of Provocateur. I forgot to picture it, but I applied Freebird, a slightly warmer pink, into the tearduct, just to help tie the whole look together. I also ran a bit of Gosh Kohl in White along my waterline.
Clinique High Impact Mascara and Eylure Naturalites #147.

The finished look! It was so sunny outside when I was taking these photos, I'm trying so frickin hard in these not to squit hahah. I'm so sad the lilac washed out of my hair, I really liked it!

Let me know what you think! 

Much Love xxx

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this look, its nice that you did the pop or orange on the lower lash line it makes it very summer time appropriate! I always love your tutorials and think your a beautiful girl!

    Krystal | Little Beauty Bug <3 & Tumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, glad ya like it!

      Delete
  2. Love your tutorials, do you have any tips about taking photos for them? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, hmm good question! I don't really know, I always use natural light, that's probably the most important... Not really sure, I just take hundreds of photos and pick out the ones that turn out the best..! :P x

      Delete
  3. I have never tried one of your looks but I appreciate that I could as you use palettes I own !!! This one is gorgeous as all your looks! I'm a big fan of yours !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear, sure you never know when they might come in handy! ;) thanks so much! Xx

      Delete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx