Monday, 2 June 2014

Sultry Dark Femme Fatale Makeup Tutorial

Hi Everyone! This week's look is something quite out of my comfort zone, I've never been a huge fan of black smokey eyes on myself anyway. This would look amazing on brown eyes, I felt a bit Pam A-ish though I must admit haha. Also the glitter is totally optional, this would be equally lovely without. Hope you like it!
I primed my lid with Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer to start off.
I began with my highlight, although you could do these steps in whatever order works for you. I used Mac Eyeshadow in Blanc Type on my browbone and inner corner.
Next, taking my favourite blending brush, Real Techniques Base Shadow, and Kid eyeshadow by Mac, I buffed this in my socket and blended up towards the brow to meet with Blanc Type. A neutral flesh tone like this will help greatly in transitioning the dark lid colour later on.
Taking my much-loved Avon SuperShock Gel Liner Pencil, I lined my lower and upper water lines as well as my top lashline, very messily, but I tried to get it right into the roots of the lashes so there would be no weird skin gaps showing. I then took my Real Techniques Brow Brush and started manoeuvring the liner all over the moving lid and into the shape I wanted. A synthetic brush is perfect for moving creamy and waxy products about and the fact that this one is angled really helped me get that feline flick mapped out. Doing a dark base like this will give you a more intense result and longer wear. You could alternatively use a dark cream shadow or even a gel liner if you wanted.
Working quickly so the pencil wouldn't start to crease on me (I have super oily lids), I took my Crown C124 Flat Shader Brush, which is just a synthetic flat shadow brush, and Black Tied eyeshadow by Mac, and packed it on over the top of where the liner went. Black Tied is shot through with minuscule silver sparkles, which show up very subtle, but you could use a matte black, such as Blackout by Urban Decay or Carbon, also by Mac, if you wish. 
I next spent half the day blending the black into the transition colour, just keep applying and blending, switch to clean blending brush, blend some more, blend like your life depends on it. At this stage I lined my upper lashline with Rimmel Glam'Eyes Liquid Liner and applied Clinique High Impact Mascara to my top lashes, which you can barely see.
As I mentioned already, this step is totally optional, but I'm a glitter whore and couldn't resist. I applied The Make-Up Store Glitter Liner in Showstopper, a gunmetal shade, on the back of my hand and pressed to the moving lid with a flat brush. I kinda went ahead and ruined all that crease blending in the process of doing this, but whatever. 
These are a pair of Kiss lashes I've had for months and I've no idea what number they are... I cut mine into 3 pieces and applied them that way, they don't pull on my lid half as much when applied this way. 
I did my bottom mascara, and the look is complete! What do you think?
I paired the eyes with relatively bare cheeks and vampy lips. I used Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lipliner in 061 Wine and Clarins Rouge Prodige Lipstick 130 Barocco.

8 comments:

  1. I thought it was a navy at first haha I think black smokey eyes look great on people with blue eyes and blond hair, a lot more striking than on brown hair and eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha looking at it now, you're right it does look a bit navy, doesn't it! I don't know, I just think it looks classier on brown eyes, you know? :)

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful, love your makeup looks they are always so pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! That means a lot, glad you like them :) xxx

      Delete
  3. You did such an amazing job! I love your makeup looks so much! :D
    Lucy
    makeupcrazy1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw so glad to hear that, thanks very much! :) xxx

      Delete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx