Sunday, 29 June 2014

Finished Products #3

Hi Everyone! It's time for another empties post! Quite a few of these I've mentioned here before, so I'll briefly skim over those and concentrate on the bits I haven't talked about yet. I don't know if I'm imagining it, but it feel like since I started doing these empties posts that I'm finishing products up quicker than I used to? Perhaps I'm trying to validate buying more things to try out haha. 
1. Nivea Daily Essentials Gentle Cleansing Cream
I'm not picky with my facial cleansers whatsoever, I usually go for whatever's on offer. I'm lucky enough to have normal skin, sometimes a bit dry, sometimes a bit oily, but I don't suffer from enlarged pores or blackheads or anything so I don't need a fancy cleanser to combat those problems, just something that takes my makeup off efficiently and doesn't dry me out too much. This has a lovely thick consistency and it leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft. It has that classic Nivea scent and removes all traces of makeup on the first wash, although I do always double cleanse. 

Repurchase? Already have!

2. Dove Purely Pampering Nourishing Lotion
I mentioned this in my last Favourites post, absolutely loving Dove body lotions at the minute. 

Repurchase? Already have, different scent though.

3. The Body Shop Vanilla Bliss Body Butter
I don't think I need to describe this baby too much, I'm pretty sure most of you have tried the Body Shop Body Butters before. I love the Vanilla scent of this and it stays on the skin for ages. I think this is definitely more of a wintertime moisturizer, I find it a bit too heavy for summer, except maybe on really dry spots like elbows and knees. The only thing I don't like about this is I find it takes forever to apply, it doesn't spread very easily and takes ages to rub in, so I rather often tend to skip moisturising with this but that's probably just my own laziness.

Repurchase? Come autumn I will, in a different scent though.

4. The Body Shop Vanilla Bliss Body Polish
This came in the same set as the body butter, and to be honest I don't really know what the point of this product is. It's not scrubby enough to work as an exfoliator and but too scrubby to be a luxurious body wash. It was a nice little extra step in the shower but I wouldn't go buying it on its own.

Repurchase? No

5. Dove Go Fresh Deodorant
A boring one I know. This smells amazing for a deodorant, I hate sprays that smell like deodorant if you know what I mean. The strong pomegranate scent in this is really refreshing, however, I didn't find it actually worked very well at keeping sweat at bay. Not a huge problem as I'm not a very sweaty person anyway (TMI?) but for someone who is, I doubt this would work too well. 

Repurchase? I have repurchased this countless times, so probably.


6. Four Seasons Silver Shampoo
I bought this before I realised it was made by the same company that did the Silver Mask (pictured beside it) which I didn't like, and not surprisingly I wasn't impressed by this either. In my experience, most silver shampoos tend to leave hair feeling quite stripped and dry, but this took it to another level. My hair felt like a dreadlock after using this, but the worst part was that I didn't find it making any difference to the colour of my hair. It just kept getting brassier and brassier looking. Such a disappointing product.

Repurchase? No, probably nothing from this brand again.

7. Giorgio Armani Sí EDP 30ml
This was a Christmas present, I loved it. John Lewis website says;

 "Giorgio Armani's tribute to modern femininity, an irresistible combination of grace, strength and independent spirit. Both intense and soft at the same time, Sì is a chypre scent reinvented to linger on the skin and captivate the senses. A combination of three notes, blackcurrant nectar, modern chypre, and blond wood musk with touches of freesia and May rose. This new fragrance reveals a free, passionate, loving, and vibrant woman."  


Repurchase? Maybe

8. Avon SuperShock Gel Liner Pencil
You guys know this is like the only black pencil I've used for the last two years or so, it's really fantastic. Avon stopped selling in Ireland last year I think it was, and I'm not sure if they operate in Finland, so finding this again could be tricky. I might just have to venture out and start looking for a dupe. Any suggestions welcome! 

Repurchase? If I can find it, yes.

9. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Precision Liquid Liner
I don't really get felt-tip style liners, I can never get enough precision with them. I got this after I ran out of my YSL one which I really liked, because the tip looked quite similar, but I was hugely disappointed. The tip lost it's shape quite quickly, making it impossible to get a clean edge and I also found that the product didn't come out of the applicator evenly. 

Repurchase? Naw

So that's all the empties I've accumulated over the past 2 months, I hope everyone's summer is off to a great start! 

Much Love xxx

2 comments:

  1. I wanna try that Nivea Daily Essentials Gentle Cleansing Cream too. It seems like a great one to try out based on your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, if you have any way similar skin to me anyway, and if you don't like it, it's not like you'd be out a fortune! Let me know what you think if you do give it a go! :) xx

      Delete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx