Saturday, 14 June 2014

Purple Haze

Hi Everyone! Hope everyone's summer is off to a great start! I threw in a very cool violet toner into my hair as some of you might have seen on my Instagram, and I wanted to create an eye look to complement the hair shade. I loved the colour, although at the time of writing this, most of the real grey tones are gone already despite using purple shampoo and whatnot. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, this would be perfect for a night out with the girls or anything like that. Hope you like it! 
I began by priming my eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original.
I wanted a nice warm pinky peach transition colour so I began by buffing Samoa Silk by Mac on a Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush into the socket and blending it just above.
Next, on the same brush, and a little bit of Tainted from the Urban Decay 15 Year Anniversary Palette, I applied that right over the top of Samoa Silk, to get that nice warm transition shade.
Using a flat shader brush, I sandwiched Pearled Earth from the Mac Cool Neutrals Palette onto my inner and outer corner, leaving the middle part of the moving lid free of product.
Stepping out of my comfort zone again with some silver shadow (ooh daredevil), I filled that gap using Silver Fog from the same Mac palette and a generic small shader brush.
The Pearled Earth colour wasn't quite purple enough for me so I decided to intensify it with a bit of Half Truth from the UD palette using a Real Techniques Accent Brush.
I used Flounce from the Mac Cool Neutrals palette to highlight my browbone and inner corner, I really love how the cool matte pink looks beside the dark violet shimmery tones and warm socket.
I lined my upper lashline with my trusted Rimmel Glam'Eyes Liquid Liner.
I lined my upper and lower waterlines with Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Zero and I blended that down with some Blackout and Half Truth on an angled brush. I also applied my favourite mascara, Clinique High Impact.
I finished off by applying a pair of Eylure Naturalites 147
Cheeks: Benefit Coralista Boxed Blush
Lips: Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Peach Passion 13

Let me know what you think! 

Much Love xxx

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful look! You're eyes are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much, that's so nice of you! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I just want your skin tone! how does a pale girl get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have a yellow skin tone and I just build up colour quite easy in the sun! I suppose tan such as St Tropez would temporarily give you a golden tone and cover up any pink/redness in the skin, but of course you can't permanently change your skin tone, you know? :) xxx

      Delete
  3. You are so beautiful! Love your skin and the makeup too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just cant get over how you keep coming up with all these stunning looks. They are so inspiring to get me more creative with my makeup xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, so glad to hear that! :D to be honest I don't know myself haha x

      Delete
  5. Iv been trying to find your blog back since you were with Beaut.ie!!! Finally i found it so il be going on a serious stalk/catch up! Whats your instagram/twitter? cant believe its taken me this long to find you!

    Mine is: ilovebarrystea.blogspot.ie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aisling, I'm so glad you found me now! Haha. I see you found my IG, my twitters @sarakalima :) hope you enjoy the blog! Xx

      Delete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx