Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Blue Lips Experiment

Hi Everyone! Something a bit different for ya today, I got really bored and started playing around with my lips, as one does when bored. I keep seeing all these girls on Instagram do amazing crazy coloured lips and I wanted to have a go at trying something different. I'm not a hundred percent happy with how it came out, but I wasn't striving for perfection here anyway, just wanted to see how different products layer on top of each other. And now I know better haha. Hope you like it!
So here's my lips prepped with just a bit of foundation around the edges and some powder. I have a very hairy bottom lip haha sorry you have to see that! :P
Here I used my Avon SuperShock Gel Liner Pencil (which is totally finished now, I seriously need to buy new make up! ) to line my lips. I went quite generously over my natural lipline and started pulling it in using a lip brush.
I filled in my lips then with Bourjois Metallise Pencil in Bleu Clinquant. It seems I missed the area around my Cupid's bow, which I didn't think would matter, but it did, as the shadow I layered on next didn't stick there. Trial and error guys.
Using my clean ring finger, I patted on some Chaos from the Urban Decay Vice Palette. I love how it layered on top, the colour looks so cool. I would've been happy to leave it matte like this, but decided to gloss it up to try disguise that unevenness on the top lip.
Guys, I don't own a clear lipgloss! What is going on? I left way too much stuff behind when I moved haha. I gently patted on some Carmex to give me shine, but as you can see it didn't quite fix the top lip. Don't really care anyway, it was a lot of fun to do.
I paired them with simple eyes, bold liner and lashes and natural skin. What do you think? Would you wear this look?



Much Love xxx

2 comments:

  1. This is so fun I love it, this would be amazing at Halloween for an alien/space girl look xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually such a good idea! Some glitter on top and you'd be good to go! :D xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx