Saturday, 7 June 2014

Summer Special Occasion Make-Up Tutorial

Hi Everyone! A slightly more toned-down look for you today! This would be perfect for a prom/debs, a wedding, or any other special event! I would wear this anytime of the week, but it's glam yet subtle at the same time, that's why I like it. This is actually the second go I had at doing this, my camera temporarily broke the last day when I was halfway through (:O!) and then mysteriously fixed itself later that day. Very annoying, but I have it ready now! This is quite similar to my Festival Look 2 that I did a few weeks back, buuuut I love these colours for summer and this isn't as dramatic, so meh. Hope you like it! 
I primed my lid using Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden. I also did a quick wash of my Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Light over everywhere but the moving lid, just to help with blending out the matte shadows I'll be using in the next few steps. 
I decided to whip out my Urban Decay Naked Palette for this look. Mine has definitely seen better days, the mirrors broke on it, hence the names being damaged and I've hit pan on most of the colours. I used this in my kit for about 2 years though, so what can I say? Anyway, I took Naked on my Real Techniques Base Shadow brush and applied it in the crease, from inner corner to outer corner, blending up towards the brow. 
Next, taking my RT Essential Crease brush and Buck, the darker matte brown, and applied right over Naked. Keep applying and blending out really well.
To create a little bit more depth, mainly in the outer half of my socket, I used Mac Brown Down eyeshadow on a more precise blending brush. Apply, blend, apply, blend until you achieve the depth you want.
The reason I didn't powder the moving lid was to give this sparkly shadow a sticky base to adhere to. I used my Crown C124 Flat Shader brush to press Sidecar onto the moving lid with.
I took Brown Down under the lower lashes and blended it out with a bit of Naked.
The face powder I laid down at the start already gave me a nice matte highlight, but to make this more "special-occasiony", I popped the tiniest bit of Virgin just under the arch of my brow. I also highlighted my inner corner with the more pink-toned Sin. I really like the balance of textures in this look.
Clinique High Impact Mascara
I used my Kiss lashes again. Fluttery lashes with an invisi-band are essential for this look. Ardell Wispies or Demi Wispies would be ideal. I'm really loving lashes without a heavy liner for summer. I also popped a bit of Nars Larger Than Life Liner in Rue Bonaparte on the waterline to subtly open up the eyes.
On my lips I used Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Posy Pink and on my cheeks I wore Fleur Power by Mac.
Let me know what you think!
Much Love xxx

6 comments:

  1. This look is beautiful. Just tried it on myself today...has the potential to become my new favourite! *-* Thank u for the tutorial <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, so glad to hear you tried it out! :D you're so welcome xx

      Delete
  2. just tried this and it looks really nice, love your tutorials!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx