Friday, 23 May 2014

Wella Professionals SP Luxe Oil Review

Hi Everyone! I'm gonna have to skip a tutorial this week, my face is peeling a bit from sunburn (gross) so don't feel like capturing that on camera haha. I did attempt an "eye-only" type post, but I hated it so that went out the window too. It's been a while since I did a review of anything, mainly because I've had nothing to review haha. So I bring you Wella Professionals SP Luxe Oil.
I mentioned this when I first got it back in March I think. I got it to replace the Argan oil I was using at the time, I'd heard nothing about this so was going in kinda blind. It's marketed as a reconstructive elixir for keratin protection. The package says;

"The fusion of oils infuses into the hair structure to transform hair from inside and out and protects the Keratin, leaving instant and long lasting smoothness. With Argan, Jojoba and Almond oils."

The texture of this is very runny compared to oils I've tried before. I think this would be very well suited to someone with hair on the thin side, as it's not weighed down by any means, and the oil is undetectable in the hair once it's dry. My hair could do with something with a slightly thicker consistency I think, because it just drinks this up! I need a good 5-7 pumps to cover my hair, bear in mind I put this all over my hair, not just the lengths and ends. I'm a one-product type of gal, so this is all I use in my hair after washing it.

Is it any good? It doesn't leave my hair feeling quite as moisturized as the old one I had. Also this doesn't specifically say it offers heat protection, so I'm presuming it doesn't, which sucks. This is lovely as a finishing oil, but maybe not so much in wet hair. I certainly haven't noticed any improvements in my hair since using this (about 4 weeks now). One of the good points about this is that it smells absolutely divine. Oh my goodness. I find myself constantly sniffing my hair haha. 

Repurchase? No I don't think so. I want to try the good original Moroccan Oil next. Can't go wrong with that one can you? 

What hair oils would you recommend? Have you tried this?

Much Love xxx

3 comments:

  1. I use TBS Monoi oil for deep conditioning (sleep on it, basically), and nuxe's dry oil for when my hair is dry. Can't be a one product type of gal with curly hair, so I use a serum+curl cream when it's wet instead of oil, works better for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to think that I can't be either, I need heat protection and a proper mask as well. Must check out if either of those are sold in Finland :) x

      Delete
  2. I've been using this for longer than I can remember after a rec from my hairdresser. It does indedd leave hair feeling soft, and the scent isn't overpowering, but I was disappointed upon discovering that the main ingredient is a silicone, and also finding the natural oils to be listed fairly low on the ingredient list - but it works wonders for diluting my John Masters texturizing cream, making it perform a lot better with my hair. That one did nothing for me before. Have you tried Hairologu's products? I think it's a Swedish brand - they do a lovely leave in cure which offer up some uv protection and maybe even some heat protection (not quite sure, and can't be bothered to round up my bottle of the stuff :P).

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx