Friday, 2 May 2014

Glitter Junkie Dramatic Teal & Silver Eyes Tutorial

Hi Everyone! I felt I was due a dramatic colourful tutorial this week, so here ya go! I love doing this type of creative work, I never know how it's going to turn out and they're so much fun to do. I wouldn't say this is exactly wearable, although I did pop down to do the grocery shopping with mum in this haha. I do apologise for using such a mashup of palettes for this, if you do want to recreate it, you can use whatever colours you like and just use the same technique. I'm quite happy with the way it turned out, let me know what you think! 
I primed my lid and under my lower lashes with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden.
To start off, I picked up the colour Junkie from the Urban Decay Vice Palette. This is a metallic finish teal but looks more forest green in the pan, which I must admit I'm a little disappointed with that it doesn't come out like that once on the skin. Oh well, I can work wiv dis. So using a generic brand small shader brush, I patted this into my outer-V and inner corner, like so.
Next, to blend those edges right up to the brow, I used my Crown C200 Deluxe Crease Brush and Money from the Urban Decay Mariposa Palette.
To fill in that gap left in the middle of my lid, I used Silver Fog from my Mac Cool Neutrals Palette on a flat shader brush and really packed it on.
State of my Naked2 palette! Sorry you have to see that..! So taking Blackout (favourite matte black) on a Real Techniques Accent Brush I darkened up the very corners and blended it in with the brush with Junkie still on it.
I lined my waterline with Bourjois Metallic Eyeliner in 54 Bleu Clinquant. 
Under the lower lashes, I mixed Vice and Noise from the Vice Palette on an angled Crown brush to get that orchid tone that everyone's going mad for this spring. I winged this out at the outer corner to meet up with the eyeshadows on top.
For my browbone and inner corner highlight, I went matte since there is so much iridescence going on with the rest of the look. I used Blanc Type by Mac. I also applied mascara, Clinique High Impact as always.
I decided to skip liner in this look to keep a fresh kind of element to it, I didn't want to go full on drag haha. I applied a pair of Kiss lashes, I can't mind the name, but they're wispy ones with an invisiband. I also went in with a blending brush and added a touch more Noise (the pink) just under the front of my brow and the outer corner.
I thought seeing as I've gone this far, I may as well go all out and went for some glitter. I used Make Up Store Glitter Liner in Show Stopper. I applied it to the back of my hand first and applied it with a brush onto the lid, just on top of the Silver Fog colour. I filled in my brows with my Catrice Brow Kit, and voila! 
I decided to skip blush altogether and just used Laguna Bronzer by Nars to warm up my face. On my lips I went for Bobbi Brown Rich Color Gloss in Tutu1. 
I'd love to hear what you guys like to see on here, more subtle wearable looks or stuff like this? 
Hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start!

Much Love xxx

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the look! :) :)
    and I'd be grateful to see more tutorials like this since I just bought the "electric pigment palette" from urban decay and I'm not quite sure how to work with the colours ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh awesome, I'm dying to get my hands on it too!

      Delete
  2. oh my god this is so beautiful!! you are very talented :)
    i've just found your blog and i love it! new follower! it would mean a lot if you checked out mine as well :)
    thinking-like-a-doll.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's so nice to hear! :) followed you back! X

      Delete
  3. Love it! Nice to see you do something bright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, yeah it's nice to change it up a bit! :)

      Delete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx