Sunday, 4 May 2014

Finished Products #2


Hi Everyone! Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend! I've accumulated another wee stash of empties that I want to throw in the bin, so I figured I'd show you what I've gone through since my last empties post! So basically showing you my rubbish hahah. 
I'll start with the hair stuff! 

Argan Secret Argan Oil 
This stuff is the best thing that's ever happened my hair, I give credit solely to this for me being able to grow and maintain long healthy hair despite extreme chemical processing. It's features and benefits include remarkable shine, heat protection, quickened drying time, makes hair softer and more manageable as well as protecting it from the elements such as sun and wind. I find it great at helping me detangle my hair after washing, as it goes into a bit of a dreadlock hahah. I can't recommend this product enough. I've only seen this particular brand retailed in Sally's Salon Services, so if you have one near you, go get it pronto. 

Repurchase? Absolutely, as soon as I'm back in Ireland.

Loreal Elvital Fibrology Shampoo & Conditioner
I believe this is Elvive in Ireland and UK anyway, why do they bother changing the name? Anywho, it's the same stuff you get over there. So I know I'm committing like a mortal sin by hairdressing standards to use such shapoos, filled with sulphites and silicones and all the bad stuff, but as I've mentioned before I've been on a bit of a budget. And I'll tell you what, I really enjoyed these. I found my hair felt soft and not as tangled as usual after using these, and smelled amazing for days. So boo. 

Repurchase? Yes, I've already got something else to try, but would definitely go back to these in the future.
Two cleansing products this time!

La Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Micellar Water
I don't know exactly how I ended up with the Effaclar version of this, as I usually get the Toleriane one. I must've picked this up by mistake, what with all the French gibberish it's easy enough done with La Roche. Although this is aimed at oily skin, I found it no different to the Toleriane which is for dry skin. Even though I am normal to dry, this didn't dry me out in any way, and I actually didn't even notice I'd picked up the wrong one. Anyway, I think this is a fantastic little Micellar water, it works a treat as a toner, make-up remover, and even as a quick morning cleanse if I don't have time to wash my face properly. It's soap, colorant, alcohol and paraben free.

Repurchase? Definitely, I want to try the Garnier one next, but I can see myself going back to this again and again, this is probably the 4th bottle I've gone through. 

Garnier Nordic Essentials Gentle Cleansing Milk
Another product that I've had before when I was still in Ireland, and I don't think it was called "Nordic" Essentials. Funny how product names change in different countries, but not to the native language, just another name in English. I don't know why I find this so amusing/annoying. I was using this as my main cleanser and had no particular problems with it. It has a lovely rose water scent to it, removes even the toughest makeup with ease and my skin didn't break out or react to it in any way negatively. It's quite friendly on the purse as well, think this retails around the €5 mark. Only thing that bugged me was that I felt it left a bit of a residue on my skin. Nothing detectable, but it's still not a nice feeling. I kind of felt like my skin wasn't getting a good deep clean. But then again, this certainly didn't strip the oil out either, which is good. 

Repurchase? No


Miscalleneous face and body stuff, these will be short and sweet.

Nivea Soft Moisturizing Cream
An absolute staple of mine, I've used this for years as my main moisturizer. Very basic, I know, but it works for me, my skin loves it, it's cheap, definitely a winner.

Repurchase? Already have

The Body Shop Vanilla Bliss Shower Gel
I got this as part of a gift set in the January sales, it came along with a full size body butter, a body polish and lip balm, all in the Vanilla Bliss scent for €20. Bargain. I love vanilla, this is cruelty and soap free, and uses Community Fair Trade honey. Mmmh. 

Repurchase? Probably.

Ralph by Ralph Lauren EDT

This is one of those aqua, super fresh scents that are right up my street for daytime. On the website it describes the notes as such; sparkling green apple leaves, zesty orange mandarin, charismatic pink magnolia, seductive purple freesia and soft blue musk. I know sweet f*** all about the notes in perfume, so if that makes no sense to you, you're not alone. Not my favourite ever though, but it was a nice wee one to try out.

Repurchase? No

Clinique High Impact Mascara
Yes, my baby has died on me, but I got her in January so 5 months isn't too bad to get out of one mascara is it? I know I'm so bold breaking the 3 month rule. I'm not gonna blabber too much about this, those of you that have been reading my blog for a while will know it's my holy grail mascara.

Repurchase? Hells yeah. 

So that concludes my empties for this month! Have you tried any of the mentioned products? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Much Love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx