Saturday, 17 May 2014

Festival Miniseries - Look Two

Hi Everyone! Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend! This post is technically a day late, it was way too overcast yesterday to even attempt taking decent photos. And am I glad I waited, my goodness what a cracker of a day it is! I don't schedule my posts very strictly at all, those of you that have been reading my blog for a while know this, and new followers -welcome! You have been warned haha. I must say I'm rather proud of this twice a week posting routine I've got into, *pats on back*. Enough of that though, here's my second festival inspired look! Again, not something I would realistically wear to a festival, you wouldn't catch me blending out eyeshadows for hours on end! But I wanted to do something really summery and bronzy, something that would look fantastic out in the sun. Let me know what you think of it! 
I began by priming my lid with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original, all over the lid with my ring finger. 
On a Crown C124 Firm Shadow brush, I took the colour YDK from the Urban Decay Naked2 Palette (mine smashed, so I pressed it into an empty Mac pan I had spare) and patted it in the middle of my moving lid. My head was a bit up my arse when I was doing this tutorial, as I forgot to take a picture of this step, but I've shown this technique before, you didn't miss out on anything complicated. Next, on a firm blending type brush, I took the warmest matte brown I own, Swiss Chocolate by Mac, and placed it on the inner and outer corners, and into the socket also. 
To blend those harsh lines right out, I used a Real Techniques Essential Crease brush and Kid eyeshadow by Mac. I just buffed and blended for ages, working up towards the browbone. 
To even out the color on my browbone and help blend out Kid, I used Brule, also by Mac, on a generic brand small shader brush.
To create more depth in the inner and outer corners, I used Crave from the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette on a Real Techniques Accent brush and blended it out carefully.
I took the shader brush I used in the first step again, and patted a little bit of Half Baked on top of YDK, just to add a warmer tone to it. Again forgot to photograph this step, but it didn't make too much of a difference anyway, so it doesn't really matter I guess. I'm sorry this tutorial is a bit all over the shop! I took Half Baked again on a Real Techniques Angled brush, and popped a little just in the tearduct and under the lower lashes to create a glowing highlight.
I ran Avon SuperShock Gel Liner Pencil on the inner rims of the eye, top and bottom. With the Accent brush again, I smudged Crave and Swiss Chocolate under the lower lashes, and into a soft winged shape at the outer corner.
Clinique High Impact Mascara.
Eylure Naturalites #147
And that's the eyes done! 
Other Products Used:
-Benefit Porefessional Primer
-Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation
-Mac StudioFinish Concealer
-Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
-Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder
-Nars Laguna Bronzer
-Gosh Giant Sun Powder
-OCC Lip Tar in Hush
Hope you guys like it! I think I'll do one more festival look for next week, anything you guys would like to see? 
Much Love xxx

6 comments:

  1. Can you do a skin care post and/or a foundation post? What foundation shade are you? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, definitely, here's my latest foundation related post, hopefully you'll find it interesting :) http://dazzlelight1991.blogspot.fi/2014/04/rimmel-match-perfection-foundation.html

      Delete
  2. you look so amazing! the eyes the skin - perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx