Friday, 9 May 2014

Festival Miniseries - Look One

Hi Everyone! So if you follow me on Instagram (@sarakalima), you might have seen I was planning on doing some festival inspired looks for you guys! I adore festival season, it's not for everyone, but you can still enjoy the looks hopefully! And that's the great thing about music festivals, you can literally go round looking as mad as you want and nobody's going to bat an eyelash. Now, just as a disclaimer, this is for me by no means a realistic make-up look to do in a sweaty tent in a mucky field haha. This is a more "what I'd LIKE to wear to a festival" look :) in real life I'd be rocking smudged liner and runny mascara from the day before covered by sunnies. Might do something like that next week! But enough blabbering, let's get on with the tutorial!


I primed my lids with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Original. I definitely do recommend an eye primer if you are going to a festival, as it will make sure your shadows won't move until you take them off. 
As a base and to even out the colour on my eyelids, I used Blanc Type and Brule by Mac.
As a transition colour in crease, I used Kid by Mac on a Crown C1200 blending brush and buffed it in slowly, building it up and blending it out really well. 
To deepen up the crease and map out a V-shape in the outer corner I used a very much-loved Handwritten by Mac on a Real Techniques Essential Crease Brush.
Using the same brush, I took Handwritten underneath the lower lashes also, blending quite far down.
I created a white base at the inner corner with Gosh White Pencil.
Using a generic brand small shader brush, I took Tainted from the Urban Decay 15 Year Anniversary Palette. This is the prettiest light blueish pink shot through with gold iridescence. I applied this right over the white base.
I also took the white eyeliner inside the waterline.
I lined my upper lash line with Rimmel Glam'Eyes Liquid Liner and applied some Makeup Store Silver Glitter Liner over the inner corner. 
I applied a generous coat of Clinique High Impact Mascara. Now this is where I got a little bit carried away and did a few tweaks here and there and forgot to photograph any of it, as you do. But I'll list everything I did below.
So that was a bit of a jump as you can see haha. So after I applied Eylure Naturalites #147, I decided I needed to darken up the crease a little, and for that I went back to my RT Essential Crease Brush and Blackout from UD and just deepened up the outer corner. I took some Blackout under the lower lashes too and brought it down to a low kind of a point in the inner corner. I applied more glitter liner in the inner corner and took Tainted under the wing of the liner too. 
The gems are from a nail art wheel I got for around €1.50 in Penneys, I just used Duo glue to stick them on. 
I used Tainted as blush too and I thought it worked quite nicely. On my lips I wore Snob by Mac
And that's it! Hope you like it!

Much Love xxx

11 comments:

  1. I love the whole look! I usually don't like those kind of pinks but it works so well with the eyes and Tainted on the cheeks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I really like how it kind of changed tone with the white base..! :)

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous Sara, I think I might try this look (without the white pencil and Tainted) for my Daughters holy communion... and I'll leave the Crystals off too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, just do nude or brown liner instead :) be sure to let me know how you get on if you do try it! Ah go on a few crystals do no harm lol ;) x

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous, I love this <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this..that lip color looks great on you :)

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's ok when I don't smile haha, makes my teeth look so yellow! :P x

      Delete
  5. Neat! I love the little jewels and the sparkly purple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, definitely a fun look to try out :) x

      Delete
  6. Holy crap this is absolutely stunning!!! You seriously look like a goddess :). So talented!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx