Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Emilia Clarke Flare Cover Inspired Soft Pinks Tutorial

Hi everyone! Hope your week is off to a good start! So I saw Shaanxo from Youtube do a tutorial on this, and I fell in love. I wanted to recreate it using different products, and obviously put my own twist on it. Also Emilia is another long time girl crush of mine and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Also I just watched this weeks episode of Game of Thrones this morning, like urrrmegurrd. This season is so frickin good! If any of you aren't watching it, I urge you to start immediately. So anyway, on with the make-up! I'm really loving this look, my unexpected obsession with pink eyeshadow continues. As unusual as the look is, it's surprisingly wearable! Hope you like it! 
So I primed my lids with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion as always.
Taking a flat shader brush and Expensive Pink eyeshadow by Mac, I applied this mainly on the outer and middle part of the lid, up just above the crease.
Taking a Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush, which I love for blending, I, well, blended that socket into nothingness basically. 
Taking a smaller stiffer blending brush, and the colour After Dusk from my Mac Cool Neutrals Palette, I applied this in the outer corner to create a little depth. I blended with my RT Base Shadow Brush again, to keep the look really nice and soft.
I highlighted my browbone using Blanc Type and my inner corner with Shroom, both by Mac.
Next, I traced out a winged shape using the Gosh Kohl Pencil in White. I found this the trickiest bit as I'm not used to lining my lash line with pencil. If you have a white gel liner, I'd definitely opt for that.
Next on a Crown B20 Angled Brush I set that line with Pick Me Up, again from the Mac Palette. This will smooth out any imperfections in the liner and help it stay in place and make it a tad brighter. 
I did a light coat of Clinique High Impact Mascara. I did the bottoms too, but after my concealer. 
Emilia doesn't appear to be wearing lashes in the visual, but I needed a pair to ground the look together a bit. I used Depend Vanessa lashes. And that's the look complete! It's quite simple actually! 
Products Used:
I'm a wee bit disappointed with the way my photos came out, in real life, this was a lot more pink. But it's been a real grey rainy day, and it kinda washed out the colours. Meh, whatever.
Let me know what you guys think! Would you wear this? 

Much Love xxx

11 comments:

  1. I've already seen other people doing this, I love this look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah cool, link me on some, I'd love to see! :) thank you! X

      Delete
    2. I saw this one She used some super matte pink eyeshadow, I really liked that one (:

      Delete
    3. Yeah that's the same one I mention at the start of this post :P thanks anyway!

      Delete
  2. I"ve never seen a look like this before, I love the white eyeliner! Really brightens up the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would look really odd in person, but it didn't! Defo recommend trying it out :) x

      Delete
  3. your skin is perfect! do you fake tan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much that's so sweet of you! I rarely do, only for the odd night out :) x

      Delete
  4. Just came across your blog and really love it! keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, glad you're enjoying it! New tutorial will be up today, watch this space ;) x

      Delete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx