Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Blake Lively @ MET Gala 2014 Inspired Make-Up Tutorial

Hi Everyone! Hope everyone's week is off to a decent start! So this morning the Internet was awash with images from last night's MET Gala, and one look that really stood out to me was my long-term girl crush Blake Lively. Her dress! Drool! She looked absolutely stunning. I've done a make-up look inspired by her a few years back, but it's brutal so it's about time I did an updated version. It's an incredibly easy, toned-down look, perfect for any occasion when you want your dress and hair to do the talking. Also I have to mention the boob envy I experience every time in look at her photo. Oh my god like. But moving on, hope you enjoy the look!
I began by applying Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer a Potion in the colour Eden, because I wanted to even out the colour on my lids and give me a complete blank canvas.
As a base, I ran Urban Decay 24/7 pencils in Whiskey (warm brown) and Zero (black) just along the lash line. I used Real Techniques Angled Brush to smudge it out to a slightly winged shape. This angled brush is synthetic, therefore ideal for moving waxy or creamy products around as well as applying them. 
Blake appears to have a mid-tone iridescent shadow on her lids (hard to tell as I haven't seen a picture with her looking down, so most of this is guesswork) so on a flat shader brush I picked up Crushed Clove from my Mac Cool Neutrals Palette and applied it all over the moving lid.
For a natural transition colour in the socket, I took Cozy Grey on a Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush.
Blake's inner corner is beautifully highlighted, and to mimic that, I used Shroom by Mac on a small shader brush and packed it around the tearduct area.
Blake seems to have something goldy-toned running under her lower lashes and for that I used the same flat shader brush as before and a little bit of Woodwinked by Mac. Think I'm going to have to replace this baby soon, it's been well loved!
Taking the RT Angled Brush again, I traced out where we smudged the liner earlier with Stila Nanda Devi eyeshadow, any neutral toned dark brown would work. Layering the pencil with shadows on top creates a soft definition at the base of the lashes, I didn't want any sharp lines going on.
To brighten up the eyes further, I ran some Nars Larger Than 
Life Eyeliner in the colour Rue Bonaparte along the waterline. I applied Clinique High Impact Mascara on the top and bottom lashes. To finish the look off, I popped on Eylure Naturalites #147 to add some real flutter. These are quite a but more dramatic than the ones Blake is wearing, but this is just an inspired look, I tweaked it to my liking :) 
Skin
-LancĂ´me Teint Miracle Foundation
-Mac StudioFinish Concealer
-Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
-Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder
-Nars Laguna Bronzer
-Mac Powder Blush in Fleur Power
-Smashbox Fizz Eyeshadow to highlight

Lips
-Mac Cremesheen Lipstick in Crosswires
-Mac Lipglass in Fresh Air

I went for a slightly brighter lip than what Blake wore, main reason being I don't own anything like what she has on. But that's it for this inspired look! Who was your favourite at the MET Gala? 

Much Love xxx

6 comments:

  1. You're so good at eyeshadow, loved this tutorial!
    Katherine Rose | Uk Beauty Blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hope you give it a go! :D x

      Delete
  2. Personally, I prefer your take on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. simply love how this turned out ... your skin is just a-m-a-z-i-n-g! greetings from vienna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, that's so sweet! Thanks so much! *blushes* xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx