Thursday, 24 April 2014

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation Review & FOTD

Hi Everyone! So I know I'm a bit late on this bandwagon, so hopefully this will be of interest to some of you! A sort of New Years resolution that I've been trying to stick to this year is to try not hoard make-up, as in use up what I have before repurchasing or trying something new. I also like to switch between trying high-end and drug store foundations, so as my Lancome Teint Miracle is more or less used up this was next on the list. Actually, YSL Le Teint Touché Éclat was next on the list, but I'm on a bit of a tight budget so that was a no go. I don't think I've had a Rimmel foundation since secondary school, despite their great reputation among beauty bloggers. This particular one has been said to be a dupe for the YSL one which sold me on it, and for around €13.50 (I believe it retails for less than a tenner in Ireland) you can't really go wrong can you? 
I'm a big fan of the packaging, sleek glass bottle and a pump which dispenses just the perfect amount of product. I got the shade 102 Light Nude, which is actually about 2 shades too dark for me, but I got it on purpose as I like to go a little darker come Spring/Summer. Once I blend it down my neck it's fine, and if I have shoulders or that showing I'll do a bit of fake tan, but it's still too cold for that so not too worried about that! This has an SPF 18 which makes it perfect for everyday wear. 
I've been testing this out using a couple of different methods; with primer, without primer, using a traditional flat foundation brush, a buffing brush, fingers etc. I got the best result by using a light layer of Benefit Porefessional Primer underneath and applying with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I find that as lovely as the finish of this foundation is, it's not the most long lasting. Therefore a primer really helps it stay in place a few extra hours. I find the Expert Face Brush (pictured in front) really helps buff this seamlessly into my skin and give me the most even finish, which is especially important when you're using a colour darker than what you actually are. 

The texture of this is quite runny and light, and it sets to a satin finish, not too matte and not too dewy. I would say the coverage is medium, but definitely buildable. Sorry about the changing light in the pictures, it was a sunny day and it's almost harder to take photos when the light keeps changing! You can see the colour difference in the second photo, but it's quite yellow toned, so it blends into my skin undetectably. The product is quite heavily perfumed, which I don't mind but I know some people can't stand, so be warned! 
Aaaargh! So here I am with just my eyes done, nothing but moisturizer on my skin. I'm lucky in that I have relatively normal skin, sometimes slightly oily in the t-zone, sometimes prone to dry patches, but most of the time it behaves itself. I don't suffer from enlarged pores or blackheads or the like, so the texture of my skin is pretty even. The colour however is my problem, I have a lot of hyper pigmentation marks, dark under-eye circles and darkness around the mouth area too, so getting my skin tone evened out is my #1 concern. 
So this is my face with just the Match Perfection on. I forgot to use my primer, but seeing as I wasn't going anywhere today, doesn't really matter. As you can see it does even my skin out quite nicely and leaves a natural kind of finish. I would never just leave it like this though of course. I don't mind that it doesn't cover my hyper pigmentation (marks leftover from spots) as I use a concealer for those anyway. 
With the rest of my make-up on. With this I like to do what I call "daytime friendly" contouring, by using my Mac MSF Natural Powder in Light on the high points of my face (under eyes, tops of cheekbones, nose, chin, centre of forehead) and the colour Medium around the outside of my face and neck. 
I've been shopping my stash quite a bit lately, and completely fallen in love with my Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Birthday Suit as a quick everyday lid colour. Here I've just warmed up the crease with Kid by Mac and highlighted my inner corner and browbone with Blanc Type
Have you tried this foundation? What did you think? 

Much Love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx