Saturday, 19 April 2014

Mila Kunis Inspired Simple Grey Smokey Eye Tutorial

Hi Everyone! Its been a while since I did a "celebrity inspired" style post, so here it is! Greys and silvers are definitely not my favourite colours to wear on my eyes, mainly because they do very little for my eye colour. This simple smokey look will make brown or hazel eyes absolutely glow. So taking inspiration from the stunning Mila Kunis, I think this picture is from a few years back, but its a timeless look that's not too over the top but will still give you that sexy smokey effect. Let me know what you think! 
                    


 I began as usual by priming my lids (top and bottom) with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion.
From my Mac Cool Neutrals Palette, I took the colour Cumulus on a flat shader brush and packed it on all over the moving lid, up as far as the crease but not over it. I took a clean blending brush and buffed away any harsh lines at the socket.
Taking that same frosty grey shade on a stumpy shader brush, I brought it down under the lower lashes and blended it again.
Using that same stumpy brush, I picked up a little Print by Mac and applied it along the upper lashline, to give some depth there, as there's not going to be any liner on the top lashline in this look.
To even out the colour on my browbone I took Brule by Mac on a large shader brush and just did a light wash of it, meeting up with Cumulus at the socket and blending.
Mila seems to have a tiny bit of warmth just in the socket, so I took the TINIEST amount of Swiss Chocolate by Mac on a fluffy blending brush, and just very lightly applied it in the crease. My camera didn't pick up the colour great, but it makes such a difference.
I tightlined my upper lashline and lower waterline with Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Zero (black).
Clinique High Impact Mascara.
Mila appears to be wearing individual lashes in the picture, but I have none at the minute so decided to go for a half lash instead. I just cut my Kiss lashes about 2/3 the way in and applied to the outer corners. This will help give you more of that almond-shape eye like Mila's. Every little helps, eh? And thats the eyes finished!
Other Products:
-Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation
-Mac StudioFinish Concealer 
-Mac MSF Natural
-Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder
-Nars Laguna Bronzer
-Mac Well Dressed Powder Blush
-Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick 03
-Catrice Brow Kit

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! It's a lot more subtle than I thought it'd be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I never commented on your blog but I've been a reader for a while now. Your looks are always so beautiful and I think you are absolutely gorgeous! Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much for letting me know! Glad you like the blog! :) let me know if there's anything in particular you'd like to see! X

      Delete
  3. you have the most awesome tutorials! it'd be awesome to see you in action on youtube!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! If I ever get enough money saved for a decent camera, it's definitely something I'd like to do :)

      Delete
  4. This look is absolutely gorgeous!
    You should definitely do youtube!x
    www.katherinerosie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look!! I totally agree about the youtube videos...you would be good at them :)

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture of the golden smokey browns eye (second row far right) with the double wing is beautiful. What blog entry do you describe how to create that look in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, thank you, it's this one here :) http://dazzlelight1991.blogspot.fi/2012/03/jennifer-lopez-oscars-2012-look.html

      Delete
  7. What blog entry describes the picture in your title tiles of pictures (second row far right of brown/gold eye)?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous as always and the makeup is amazing !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet, thank you so much :) xx

      Delete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx