Monday, 28 April 2014

Mac Crosswires Lipstick

Hi Everyone! I was in Helsinki over the weekend and had accumulated enough empties for a Back To Mac (there's no Mac counter where I live, boo) so I was delighted to pick this baby up. I must say it wouldn't be a colour I would usually go for, but I thought why not try something different when it's for free? I'm trying to break away from the nudes a bit and be a bit braver with my lip colours. 
Crosswires is a cremesheen formula, which I really like as it's not too drying and generally easy to wear. I found photographing this quite a challenge, the colour kinda changes in different lights and I can't quite put my finger on what it even is. Mac describe it as a "clean pinky orange". When I first tried it on my lips, to me it looked neon pink, but I guess that's just because I don't often do "coloured" lips haha. In the pictures below it came out a lot more sheer looking than I thought. It also looks more orangey in the bullet, but comes off more pinky on the lips. It has the classic vanilla scent that all Mac lip products do, which I love. 
Please excuse the state of my hair, I was not having a good selfie-day today haha. I think this a perfect spring/summer shade, I'll probably be wearing it more so just dabbed on the lips with my fingers for a more subtle stain. 
Have you tried Crosswires? What's your favourite springtime lip colour? 
Much Love xxx

14 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous colour, and cremesheen formulas are perfect especially for summer!
    Katherine Rose | Uk Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they really are, aren't they! Wish I could've got more!

      Delete
  2. This color looks great on you! :)
    It lightens you up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I must try it with a really simple eye look, think the eyeshadows make me look too made up or something :/ x

      Delete
  3. love the colour definitely have to try it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers hun, definitely recommend it :) x

      Delete
  4. love the colour definitely have to try it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous color. Like looks fabulous with your completion <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! It'll look even nicer once I get a bit of a tan going :P x

      Delete
  6. Crosswires is stunning! This shade really suits you :)

    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! Can't wait to experiment with it some more! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty colours, I definitely think its good to try something new now and again. P.s I love your hair!
    -Charlotte
    http://www.incharlottesshoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, I'm so glad I did! :) aw thanks so much! X

      Delete
  9. I love this, it's a stunning colour!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx