Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Finished Products #1

Hi Everyone! I'm not sure if I've ever done one of these type of posts before, but I want to start posting more and tutorials rely too much on natural light. And besides, its nice to have a bit of variety isn't it? I'm also planning a hair post soon, I'm getting my roots done on Thursday so I'll be decent for that then haha. So the idea with this post is to show you some of the products I've actually managed to squeeze and scrape every last drop out of and give you my thoughts on them. Let me know if you find this kind of post interesting and if you'd like to see something similar in the future..! 

  1. Clarins Rouge Prodige Lipstick #115 Rosy Coral
I was given this beautiful lipstick by the lovely girls over at http://beaut.ie/ a few years ago and it has served me well as you can see, there isn't too many lipsticks I've finished to the very bottom and scraped out what little is left! It's the most beautiful shade of pinky peach with a moisturising shiny finish. I have since bought many similar coloured lipsticks which I should use up first, but I would definitely buy another one of these babies, it's the perfect spring/summer colour and formula. The gold packaging is divine too, I don't think I can bare to throw this in the bin!


2. Garnier Intensive 7 Days Body Lotion
With my super dry skin, I go through body lotions and moisturisers in no time, think this lasted me about 2 weeks. It's a nice everyday body lotion, and didn't irritate my eczema despite being quite heavily perfumed. It has a lovely fresh scent and dries into the skin quite quickly so I could get even my tightest jeans on without too much fuss. I'm no body lotion snob and always like to try different ones but would definitely purchase this again because at around a fiver, it doesn't break the bank and my skin seemed to approve of it. 


3. Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light & Studio Finish Concealer NW20
If you've been reading my blog for a while you'll know that these two are part of my everyday make-up routine and this certainly isn't the first time I've used these bad boys up. I always have back-ups ready to go as well since no matter where I live the closest Mac counter always seems to be a few hours drive away! I don't think I need to go into too much detail on these, they're my holy grail powder and concealer, end of!


4.Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Original
Same story with this, probably the 6th tube I've gone through, cannot live without. I don't think Urban Decay is really sold in Finland though, gonna have to order more online. I probably should give other eye primers a go on e in a while, but I know this works perfect for me and I'm so biased with it I'd probably hate on any other primer just because it wasn't this. What is it that they say, don't go fixing something that's not broken? Something like that anyway haha. 

So I guess that's it for today, as I said already, let me know if you enjoyed this, or found it useful, or whatever ;) 

Much Love xx

11 comments:

  1. I love empties posts! Always interesting to see what you've finished up. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't believe you didn't mention all the Nivea in our lives. Deffo good products and just shows you don't have to break the bank or consistently buy the newest products to get results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I know, all my Nivea is still being used :P no doubt there'll be some in the next post :) cheers darlin xx

      Delete
  3. i love these posts..im going to do one very soon :) that lipstick looks great!

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you should, they're good fun!

      Delete
  4. The lipstick is highly recommended, it's absolutely divine! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog :) i found that they do have Avon in Finland

      http://www.avon.fi/PRSuite/home_page.page

      Delete
  5. I'll break down the rest of the primers for ya. Too Faced was ok, and Smashbox made things stick, but also dried out my lids. Guerlain's is tacky and hard to apply, Dior is similar in consistency, Clarin's won't give you the intense colours, I could never get with the feel of Sensai's. I suppose, in a crisis and as you're in Finland you could try Kicks' just to tide you over. Some might disagree with me, but all in all, in my humble opinion and all that, UD's got the best primers around ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've considered the Mac paintpots before, but with my super oily lids, I just can't see a creamy product like that not creasing on me! Have you tried the Nars one? Xx

      Delete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx