Saturday, 22 March 2014

Soft Feminine Eyes Tutorial


Hi Everyone! So this is the first look I came up with using my new Mac Cool Neutrals Palette, watch this space for loads more though! This is very subtle and girly, perfect for daytime with or without the lashes. Hope you like it! 
So as always, I began by applying Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden all over the lid and under the lower lashes also, as I'll be putting eyeshadow there too.
So to start off, on a large fluffy blending brush by Crown, I took the colour Cozy Grey, a matte, light taupe colour, quite similar to Naked2 from the Naked Basics Palette by UD, and very lightly dusted this in the socket. I forgot to take a picture of this step (must've been very eager to get going hahah) but you'll see it in the picture below. Next, on a flat shader brush, I picked up the colour Sun Tweaked and applied it in a patting motion to the centre part of the moving lid. As you can see these aren't the most pigmented colours, but I actually like that, sometimes you want a subtle effect! 
To brighten up the inner corner, using the same flat brush, I used Sweet Allure (Bootycall from the Naked2 palette would be something similar).
To add a little definition to the outer corner without making the look too dark or dramatic (which you could do if you wanted..!) I used the colour Deception on a Crown pencil brush. 
I wanted to do a pop of something different on the lower lash line, and for this I used After Dusk (a gorgeous reddish brown with a veluxe pearl finish) and a short stubbly brush. 
I didn't want a dramatic liner on top, which I tend to go for a lot, but instead I pressed a minimal amount of Black Tied on an angled brush just at the root of the lashes, just to ground the look together.
For highlighting the browbone, I used a small shader brush and the colour Pick Me Up, very similar to Blanc Type, just a hint less pink toned. 
Clinique High Impact Mascara and Katy Perry by Eylure Cool Kitty lashes. 
Other products used; LancĂ´me Teint Miracle Foundation, Mac StudioFinish Concealer, Mac MSF Natural, Nars Laguna Bronzer, Mac Well Dressed Blush, Urban Decay Venus Eyeshadow as highlight and Mac Lipstick in Snob.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty look, sometimes these types are some of the nicest to wear.

    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good at makeup.. i love this look :)

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx