Saturday, 29 March 2014

Simple Soft Smokey Liner Tutorial

Hi Everyone! A nice simple tutorial today. I've been seeing a lot of these lovely smoked out liner looks recently and wanted to give it a go, its perfect if you wanted a softer take on the smokey eye. Also perfect for people with hooded or mono lids, as there is no definition in the crease, its just a nice graduation of depth from the lashline up. Let me know what you think!
To even out the colour of my eyelids, I used Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer (shock horror!). I didnt want to use a sticky primer because I wanted to be able to move the liner about, and this does set enough not to crease on me. Be mindful if using this particular concealer though, there is an awful glare off it in flash photography!
With Avon SuperShock Pencil Gel Liner I tightlined my upper lashline and the root of the lashes too. You can use any black eyeliner that is soft and easy to smudge out. Using Real Techniques Angled Liner Brush, which is synthetic, I manipulated the liner into a winged shape, spreading it quite liberally along the lashline into the shape I wanted.
Next, I basically repeated step 2! I built up the depth with the pencil and smudged it out again. Keep building like this until you have the depth and shape you want.
To set the liner just at the lashline, I used Black Tied by Mac on an angled brush.
Using a soft pencil brush and Tease from the Naked2 Palette (Quarry by Mac would work too), I began smudging the liner out further. I took Tease up as far as the crease. Keep going back to Black Tied and smudging it out again, this look is all about layering and blending and smudging to create a nice soft gradient.
As a transition colour I used Cozy Grey by Mac on a Real Techniques Essential Crease Brush, so this went into the socket and up towards the brow, blending out Tease.
For a highlight just under the brow, I used Pick Me Up by Mac (any bone coloured matte eyeshadow will work) on a stumpy shader brush.
Clinique High Impact Mascara. I did apply to bottom lashes too after I cleaned up under my eyes and applied my concealer and powder. I didn't put any colour on the lower lashline, you could bring the Tease colour or Black Tied down there if you wanted a more dramatic effect but I quite like having all the colour on the top lids only.
Katy Perry Cool Kitty Eyelashes by Eylure to finish off the look!

6 comments:

  1. Perfect! Your eyes! :) I love this lipstick! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The lipstick is Clarins Rouge Prodige 105 Peach Sorbet :)

      Delete
  2. que preciosidad! voy a intentar hacerlo en mis ojos aunque dudo que sea capaz hahaha Me ha llamado la atención el uso de los pinceles de Real Techniques porque yo los tuve y no les sacaba partido :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look, wow its fantastic! I really am going to have to try this ASAP! You make it looks so easy and flawless, not to mention your gorgeous so everything looks good on you! :)

    Check out my blog? xox
    Krystal || Little Beauty Bug <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear, let me know how you get on! Following :) xx

      Delete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx