Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Metallic Copper Eyes Tutorial

Hi Everyone! Something nice and dramatic again for you today! Apologies for using colours from all different palettes in this one, my resources are a bit limited at the moment... Just keep in mind you do not have to use these exact products by any means, they can be substituted for any colours you like, with similar textures and depth. Let me know what you think! This look will suit any eye colour, but will make blue or gray eyes look especially bright.

I began by priming my lid with Urban Decay Primer Potion Original.
On a flat shader brush, I took Penny Lane, a gorgeous frosty yellow-copper, from the Urban Decay Vice Palette. I applied this to the inner and middle part of the moving lid.
For a transition colour, I used Expensive Pink by Mac on a Real Techniques Essential Crease brush. I placed this lightly in the socket. You can do this step later, but I like to do it at this point to give me a guide for the darker colours.
To start deepening the outer corner, I used Deeper from the 15 Year Anniversary Palette on a stiff blending brush, and used the brush with Epensive Pink on it to buff it in.
To add more warmth to the socket, I used Samoa Silk by Mac on a fluffy blending brush just above Expensive Pink, marrying the two colours together.
To further help with this gradation, I used Blanc Type by Mac on a small shader brush to highlight just under the brow, overlapping with Samoa Silk a little.
To deepen the outer-V further, I took the tiniest brush I own, the Real Techniques Accent Brush and a mixture of M.I.A and Blackout by Urban Decay. I took this under the lower lashes a little also, and blended together with the rest of the shadows with the Essential Crease brush.
Rimmel Glam'Eyes Liquid Liner & Urban Decay Eye Pencil in Zero.
Clinique High Impact Mascara & Kiss Lashes (I have no idea what number they are, lost the packaging!).
I filled in my brows using the Catrice Brow Kit and Smashbox Precision Liner Brush.
Other Products: -Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation -Mac StudioFinish Concealer -Mac MSF Natural -Nars Laguna Bronzer -Benefit Coralista Blush -Benefit High Beam Highlighter -Benefit ChaCha Tint (lips) -Smashbox Overexposed Lipgloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx