Thursday, 6 March 2014

Gold & Chocolate Smokey Eyes Tutorial

Hi Everyone! I have a really basic but classic goldy/brown smokey eye tutorial for you today. Hope you like it!
I began by applying Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden all over the eyelid.
On a Crown flat shader brush, I took Chopper from the Urban Decay Naked2 palette and packed it on the inner and middle part of the lid, leaving the outer corner clear. I love this rose gold shade, its super pretty.
On a Real Techniques Essential Crease Brush I picked up some Swiss Chocolate eyeshadow by Mac and slowly started to build up depth in the outer corner and socket.
To blend out the Swiss Chocolate, I used Kid by Mac on a Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush.
To brighten up the tear duct area and browbone, I used Blanc Type by Mac on a short stubby brush. Use whatever matte highlight matches your skin tone.
On a Crown pencil brush, I took a tiny bit of swiss Chocolate again and went right under the lower lashes with it, joining it up at the outer corner.
I used Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Whiskey on the upper and lower waterlines, Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Liner on the top lashline and Clinique High Impact Mascara.
Cleopatra Lashes by Depend, reused obviously :)
The finished look! Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. Will have to have a go at something like this. Chopper is the one shade of my Naked 2 that's hardly been touched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful make-up! :)
    Love
    Tabea

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx