Monday, 13 January 2014

Quickie Review: Lancôme Teint Miracle Foundation

Hi Everyone! I haven't done of these posts in a while! So when I was at the airport last week I found myself with over an hour to spare and a makeup bag in need of foundation. I was settled on the YSL Le Teint Touché Éclat and me and the salesgirl ran around the different counters looking for my shade but they were out of stock! So I was deciding between this one and the Diorskin Nude, but the Lancôme was a few euro cheaper so I went for it obviously. 

I got the shade 010 Beige Porcelaine, which was the lightest in the range and very neutral in tone. My skin tone would be on the yellow side, but the next shade up (which had cool and warm variations) was too dark. The difference isn't noticeable once I have my powder on so it doesn't even bother me. 

This retails at €36 (Debenhams) but only cost €28 at the airport (lift), for 30 ml, it has a SPF 15.

Lancôme describes this as a perfecting foundation; "Teint Miracle helps recreate and boost the skin’s luminosity. Instantly, complexion appears flawless and luminous, as if lit-from-within". This is my favourite type of foundation, not too heavy but buildable. It's like a more luxurious version of the Bourjois Healthy Mix. I've found from testing it this past few days that it lasts lovely on the skin, although problem areas, such as blemishes, do need touching up after a few hours, but this doesn't claim to have super staying powers so I'll forgive that. It certainly gives that lovely dewy freshness to the skin, whilst covering up imperfections and seamlessly blending into the skin. I like to apply this with a synthetic foundation brush, such as the Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush, as very little product gets wasted (it's expensive shit aaaight?! :P) and allows for precise application. I would say this is a foundation suited best to dry, combination or normal skin.


Overall, I would say that there is nothing bad about this that I can come up with, other than the price! But if you're like me, and get a weird thrill just from splurging on a product, it's well worth it! If you're on a tight budget I would say save your pennies, you can get cheaper alternatives that do just as good a job! (Like the Bourjois Healthy Mix haha). 
Have you tried this foundation? Let me know what you thought! Much love xx

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite foundations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, you should have bought this later on in mid feb because apparently they've changed the foundation's formula without really telling us! the MUAs all told me that! They've made it slightly less alcoholic + more shine + more moisture? According to their ads it's +25% more light, which can either mean more shine or moisture. The smell is different too. I don't know if staying power would suffer though.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx