Friday, 8 November 2013

Smoked Out Eye Tutorial

Hi Everyone! A nice, simple and easy tutorial today! Its pretty much your classic smokey eye, but its good to go back to basics sometimes :) I hope you like it!
I primed my lid using Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden, to even out the skintone on my lids.
My main colour I chose (you can absolutely use any colour you like, just follow the technique) was Hustle by Urban Decay, its a lovely iridescent dark brown shot through with a plummy tones. I packed this on all over the moving lid, right up to where the skin creases or maybe just above it.
To buff out the harsh line at the crease I used a medium blending brush and Quarry eyeshadow by Mac, only using the tiniest bit of product and making sure not to take the colour too high, I wanted to keep all the colour on the moving lid.
To even out the browbone I used Brule eyeshadow by Mac which is pretty close to my skin colour. I took it right down to meet with Quarry and went back in with the blending brush to make sure the transition is seamless.
On a stubby shader brush I ran Rockstar eyeshadow by UD (in real life the rockstar shows up a bit brighter, my camera didnt really pick it up unfortunately) along the lower lashes, meeting up with Hustle in the outer corner.
I ran Avon SuperShock Eyeliner in Black on the upper and lower waterline. Use any liner you like for lining along the top lashline, liquid, gel, pencil, doesnt matter, I used an angled brush and Blackout eyeshadow by UD.
Clinique High Impact Mascara
I used cheap lashes from Penney's/Primark, they are the Kiss i-Envy Diva 02 lashes. I also got a really cute rhinestone wheel there the last day, so I thought it would be fun to try a few of them out, cant decide if they just look tacky though haha. To stick rhinestones on, all I do is use something like the end of a thin makeup brush, dip it in DUO glue, dot the glue where you want the gem to go, pick up the gem using a damp cotton bud and stick it on. The glue is undetectable of the skin once it dries.
Other products used; Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, Mac StudioFinish Concealer, Mac MSF Natural in Light and Medium, Mac Blush in Well Dressed, Mac Lipstick in Snob.
Much Love xx

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! The stones don't look tacky at all, they really compliments the eye makeup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv this will go with my oufit this wend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara would the tones used suit green eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous as always ! Glad to see your tutorials back !

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx