Thursday, 12 September 2013

Neutral Autumn Party Eyes

Hi Everyone, so I've had a considerable break from posting, and Im so surprised I still have followers! Thanks guys for sticking with me, Im hoping to have regular tutorials coming your way from now on, hopefully at least once a fortnight.. So to ease myself back into this tutorial mallarky, I went for something quite simple, this is the look I've been going for for nights out this past couple of weeks so I thought I'd share it, hope you enjoy, and leave me suggestions in the comment for future tutorials!! :)
As always, I applied Urban Decay Primer Potion all over the lid, socket, browbone, tearduct and a little underneath as well.
I applied Spotlight from the Urban Decay Mariposa Palette, which is a warm champagne shimmer, on the moving lid, concentrating the colour mainly on the middle and inner half of the lid. Dopnt forget that you can substitute any of the colours I use for something similar that you already have!
Using the other side of the shading brush, I picked up a tiny bit of Skimp and applied it just into the inner lid, not so much on the tearduct though, more overlapping with Spotlight.
Im really loving cool taupe shades at the minute so I used Quarry by Mac on a large blending brush and applied it in the socket. This is our transitional colour, it will help blend everything together later.
To give the eyes some depth, I took Embark (cool toned deep brown)by Mac on a small blending type brush and applied fairly liberally around the outer corner, dont be afraid to get it right into the lashline, and up into the socket a little. Just make sure you tidy up the edges with the large blending brush used earlier with whatever Quarry is left on it.
Taking a short stubby brush and a little more Embark, I ran this under the lower lashline. This doesnt have to be perfectly neat, mine is on the tidy side, but you could go pretty smudgy with this and it would give it a nice modern grundy effect.
Take any matte black eyeshadow you like, (I used Urban Decay Blackout, but my camera wasnt cooperating with me to get a pic) on an angled brush and press it into the lashline to line the eyes. I wanted to deepen the outer corners so I smudged Blackout with Embark just at the very corner.
Beneft Badgal Waterproof Mascara (review coming soon).
On a small shader brush I applied some Brule by Mac along the browbone, not so much to create a highlight as to even the colour of my skin out. I brightened up the inner corner and tearduct with Blanc Type, this step isnt necessary, its more so to correct my colouring, as I get very dark around the bridge of my nose so this helps brighten that.
My favourite Ardell Demi Wispies. This pair has survived a night out believe it or not! If you wanted you could run a black or brown or gold or any colour pencil along the waterline for extra definition. Other than that the look is finished! :)

6 comments:

  1. Hey beauty! Cant believe you are back. I Love your Blog and i study it since 2 Months :-)
    I got my own Styleblog for a few Weeks now and i Need some serios followers. Maybe you like to followers me:

    Kidsandheels.blogspot.com

    Got a translator on that page :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you back on track :).Love this look, I don't know why my eye makeup never looks as stunning as yours, gotta practice again and again I guess. Looking forward to the review on badgal mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you're back. Really looking forward to seeing what you've got in store ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you're back, I love your makeup looks and tutorials! Welcome back :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! Beautiful tutorial x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx