Friday, 20 September 2013

Eyes On Fire Tutorial

Hi Everyone! I'm kinda into the autumn theme at the minute, I was just playing around with a few colours here that I hadn't tried before, and the result was kind of fiery, hence the title :) perfect for a glam night out, especially if you have a LOT of time to get ready haha. Hope you like it!
I primed my lid with UDPP original as usual. To create a nice dark and slightly sticky base for my loose shadow, I filled in my lid liberally with Avon SuperShock Eyeliner in black straight from the pencil.
I used a flat cheap concealer brush type to soften the edges of this and push it right into the lashes. The blending still doesn't have to be perfect, but doing this definitely helps with blending later on.
I don't think I've used a dazzledust in about a year now but I found this when I was rooting through the stash for inspiration and I don't think I've used it before so decided to have a wee play around. I applied this in a gently patting motion on a flat brush all over the black base. Oh it's Barry M Dazzledust #47 by the way :)
For my transition colour I used Quarry by Mac (once again) on a fluffy blending brush. I'm obsessed with this right now, it's so versatile, I don't know why, but I've always found these neutral mid tones fascinating.
On a more precise blending brush I applied Crave from the Naked Basics (UD) palette (any blackened dark brown will work) and creating a sharp-ish crease, and taking it under the lower lashes on the same brush as well, joining the crease and bottom lash line softly at the outer corner.
Another virgin product is this loose shadow by Irish makeup brand Fuschia, this is #08. It's one of these unbelievably gorgeous golds that doesn't translate to pictures, not on my little camera anyway. I literally wanted just a flash of this in the middle of the eye. I used the same flat brush that used for the dazzledust, just using the other side. Don't be afraid to touch up the red if the gold seems to take over, you want there to be a nice balance going on.
For a dramatic highlight in the tear duct and the browbone I used Blanc Type by Mac.
I ran Avon SuperShock eyeliner on the upper and lower waterline and created a dramatic flicked liner on the top lid with N.Y.C liquid liner.
Benefit BadGal Waterproof mascara.
Ardell Wispies
I think this would work for nearly anyone brave enough, but it especially makes blue eyes pop. Let me know what you think in the comments and if you have any suggestions for future tutorials are welcome :)

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog so much! The layout is amazing.
    I'm your newest follower via google (507).
    I'd love it if you could check out my blog and follow me back as well Also,
    if you'd like to keep in touch via twitter or facebook,
    just do so and let me know so I cab follow back =)
    Have anice day, hugs Beyaz Sır <3
    http://whiteglaze.blogspot.com
    twitter: @_gamzeahmet_

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed your publications, everytime I see one of your makeups I am amazed ! You are so beautiful and your makeups breathtaking ! I wish I was as gifted as you are with my brushes! Love this look please go on publishing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! Going out tomorrow and really gonna try and do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fantastic on you :) Your pictures are so clear too, what camera for these do you use?

    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks glad u like it! It's a SamsungDV300F I think...

      Delete
  5. So beautiful!
    Thanks for share!
    :)))

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx