Monday, 14 January 2013

Back to Basics with UD

Hi Everyone! Just a quick thank you for sticking with me through my absence there over the last 2 months or so, i really appreciate it. Now tutorial time! When I saw the Naked Basics palette, I knew it was meant to be, being the neutral freak that I am, and so it was a late Christmas present to myself (damn you impulse buying!). Here I just did a very simple basic look, daytime friendly, just to test the palette out more so than anything! Smokier looks coming soon!
I primed my lid with UDPP as per usual.
On a flat shader brush I took the colour Walk Of Shame and did a wash of it all over the lid up to the browbone.
On a small shader brush, I placed a little bit of Venus in the inner corner and just under the browbone for an iridescent highlight.
<
Next, on a large blending brush I swept some Naked2 into the crease softly and also under the lower lashes.
On a stiffer blending brush I deepened the crease and outer corner with some Faint.
I lined my lashline with Crave and an angled brush.
Urban Decay Lush Lash Mascara.
I filled in my brows with Catrice Brow Kit.
Mac Well Dressed Powder Blush and YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in Peach Passion.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I wasn't all too struck on this palette but seeing your look makes me want it :)

    Amy xx
    http://alittleboatsailing.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, I love matte looks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im still debating this one. I use the matte shades from the other Naked palettes daily.

    Sara x
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look, so simple. I was toying with buying the basics palette but I've decided against it as I've just too much make up.

    (Your hair is gorgeous btw!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous... in the last picture you remind me of Khaleesi from Game of Thrones...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look :) it really works with the new hair do :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty <3

    http://cosmetique1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, it looks absolutely amazing! Can't go wrong with urban decay eyeshadows

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx