Friday, 19 October 2012

Demented Mermaid Halloween Tutorial

Hi Everyone! Im so sorry I once again have been on a bit of a hiatus, this time longer than usual! Sometimes it can be hard for me to find the energy and inspiration to do these posts, and (as you probably noticed) I go on a roll and do a bundle of posts and then keep quiet for another lock of weeks. I apologise for not being more regular, but thanks so much to those of you who haven't stopped following me, and welcome to new subscribers :) Right, on with the tutorial! Enjoy!
I don't really know where I was going with this, I was just playing around :) All I knew was I wanted an excuse to wear my white contacts that havent seen the light of day since last halloween.
I began by applying Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden all over the lid and under the lower lashes.
On a flat shader brush I took this stargazer loose powder shadow (I believe the colour is 105) and patted it all over the moving lid.
On a pointed crease brush I took the colour Chaos from the new Urban Decay Vice Palette, and applied it sharply in the crease all the way in, close to the brow.
I also took the same colour with the same brush under the lower lashes, connecting at the outer corner.
On the same brush still, I took Nocturnal from the Smashbox Smokebox palette and deepened the crease and the lower lashes.
On a small blending brush I mixed a minimal amount of Vice and Noise from the Vice Palette and applied it around the outside of the existing colours (under the front of the brow, on the outer corner, under the lower lashes).
Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara, Avon SuperShock Pencil Liner, Rimmel Glam'Eyes Liquid Liner.
Zombie Contacts!
I filled my brows in using a combination of Black Market (Vice palette), Nocturnal (smokebox palette) and Chaos.
I found these lashes at the bottom of my lash drawer, and figured they'd be perfect with the flashes of blue. These are from N.Y.C.
Please excuse the edited photos, I think this is the first time I've ever put up photos where the contrast and colour have been altered, but its a Halloween look so it's ok :) For creepy contouring I mainly used the same Stargazer powder I used on the lids. On my lips I'm wearing Mac Lipliner in Vino and MacPro Longwear Lipstick in Seasoned Plum.
What are you dressing up as for Halloween? Much Love xxx

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely incredible look! Huge fan

    Rebecca xx
    P0LARMILK.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a fabulous look! One of my fave Halloween looks I've seen this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, glad you like it :)

      Delete
    2. Had to include it in a post about my favourite Halloween makeup looks! :) http://bitly.com/TX051f

      Delete
  3. Beautyismorethanskindeep20 October 2012 at 16:39

    Could you do maybe a pirate type of makeup? :) this is savage btw :) so jealous of your contacts :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cool look! where did you get the lenses from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cool look! where did you get the lenses from? never sure where to order them from! :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing , your porcelien skin helps though! Welcome back x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wοndeгful poѕt! We are linkіng
    to this ρaгtiсularly great
    рost on оur ωebsite. Keep up the goоd
    writіng.

    My sіte; payday

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are juste so beautiful and you manage makeup like no one ! I wish I could as goog as you with that much makeup on my eyes ! I will try to reproduce some of your makeups because you know how to mix colors !!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx