Thursday, 12 July 2012

Day To Night Make-Up Look

Hi Everyone! I've been in such a rut trying to think of new looks to do, and while the finished look itself isn't anything special here I thought I'd do it a little differently. This is really 2 looks in one, the first is the general way I wear my make-up during daytime mainly for work (on my days off I prefer to wear none). It's just a super simple defined eye using matte neutrals and the second look is one that I do if I don't have a lot of time to get ready for going out after I finish work, so I'll show you how I just tweak what I have already on to turn it into a night-time look :) Enjoy! Look #1 Day Time
Look #2 Night Time
Ok so I started off by applying my Urban Decay Primer Potion all over the lid. This step is really essential for this particular look because it keeps your eyeshadows perfectly in place for later. So apply any eye primer you like. I then take a neutral matte bone coloured shadow, the one I used was Vanilla from the Smashbox Girls On Film Softbox palette (something like Brule by Mac is perfect) and I applied this all over from lid to browbone.

I then like to add in a little definition into the crease so my eyelid doesnt look completely flat, and for this I used the colour Pebble from the same palette, which is a cool toned medium brown/grey colour. I popped this in the crease with a stiff blending brush and blended the edges with a clean fluffier brush.
To add in a little bit of warmth, I used the colour Sienna from the same palette again, on a pointed crease brush just in the outer corner and into the socket slightly. I blended it a little with the same brush that had the Pebble colour on it.

Next, to make the lashes appear fuller I patted in a little bit of a black shadow on an angled brush, the colour I used was Black Top from the Smashbox Smokebox palette. Remember you don't have to use the exact same colours I'm using :)
A coat of Clinique High Impact Mascara. Choose a mascara that doesnt flake or transfer everywhere throughout the day.
I filled in my brows with Catrice Brow Kit.
That's it for the eyes! On my skin I just used Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer (Fair and Light mixed together) under my eyes, along my nose, and on any hyperpigmentation marks and I ran some of it over a few prominent veins I have in random places... I set that with Mac MSF Natural in light. On the cheeks I used a touch of Benefit Coralista blush and on the lips I just wore my trusted Chap Ice as I don't like wearing much on the lips during the day as I don't usually get a chance to touch anything up.
Apologies, there's some blurry pics coming up, i don't know what happened..! :( But anyway on with the second part of this tutorial. Obviously I love taking my make-up off and starting fresh for a different look, but let's face it, you're not always going to have time. So to start with I will usually mist a little bit of something like La Roche Posay Thermal Water Spray over my skin and buff in a little more concealer where its needed. I will also re-powder, add in a light contour and deepen the blush. Oh and add a little highlight with something like Urban Decay UrbanGlow Cream Highlighter in Sin. As for the eyes, here's how I turn them to night-time peepers. Going back to the Smokebox palette and a pointed crease brush, I took the colour Royal, a deep matte aubergine shade and used this to dramatically deepen the crease and under the lower lashes. I used a clean blending brush just on the edges to soften out any harsh lines.
To make the lid colour pop more, I took the colour Shroom by Mac on a flat shader brush and gently patted it along the inner half of the lid, going back in with the darker shade over any bits that the Shroom covered.
Back to my angled brush and Black Top, I made the liner darker thicker and bolder.
I added some previously worn Ardell 120's and I was ready!
I also patted on some YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in Peach Passion on the lips. What do you think? Are you guilty of loading on more layers of make-up instead of taking it off and starting fresh? Much Love xxx

3 comments:

  1. Now these are my kind of looks, Gorgeous as always hun:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a soft and smokey look. I'd love to try this out, thanks for the inspiration. ;)

    http://ashashumbleabode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww you're sooooooooooooooo beautiful

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx