Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Taupe & Aubergine Night Time Cat Eyes

Hi Everyone! I wanted this week's tutorial to be a little bit different, and I was determined not to use warm peachy colours :). I used the Smashbox Girls on Film Smokebox to create this look, I hope you like it!
I applied UDPP all over the lid as a base. A dark creamy base would work too, for a more intense look.
The first colour I used was Putty, a shimmery taupe shade and I patted it all along the moving lid, leaving the inner corner free.
Next, on the same flat brush, I took a little bit of Mist, and applied in the inner third of the lid.
On a pencil brush, I took the colour Royal, a deep matte aubergine/eggplant shade and smudged it along the lashline quite thickly, almost in a winged-liner shape. The colour didn't show up the way it looks in the pan, I presume thanks to the Putty shade underneath.
I applied some of the highlight shade, Bliss, to the browbone and tearduct.
On a flat stubby brush I took a little more Royal and applied under the lower lashes, mainly keeping to the outer half and connecting with the wing.
I used Inglot gel liner #77 to line the top lashline, the water line and take the two to a point in the inner corner for that feline look.
Gosh Show Me Volume Mascara.
Ardell 120's. I also filled in my brows with the Gosh Brow Kit. Et voila!
<
Much Love xx

6 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite looks that you've ever done! So sultry! And your hair is just perfect! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply Stunning Doll:)
    Sara xx
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, all I can say is wow!! You nailed the cat eye x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have perfectly lined eyelids. How do you do it? I can never seem to get it right! Help!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx