Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Messy Top Bun Tutorial

Hi Everyone! I have another hair tutorial for you today! This time its the messy top bun. I love it because its so easy and quick to do yet it looks impressive. Also it keeps my hair away from my face which I like when I'm at work. For this style, your hair needs to be shoulder length or longer. I usually wear this when I'm due to wash my hair but don't have time and its a little greasy as its easy to slick back then.
What you'll need: Hair :)
A backcombing brush, hairspray, hair-bobble and hair pins.
So the first thing is to make a really tight ponytail at the top of your head. Smooth out any flyaways now and spray, I get fuzzy bits above my ears and always make sure to spray them down well. Alternatively, if you want it to have a more casual feel, scrape the ponytail together with your hands to give it a more relaxed look.
Next hide the hair bobble; take a small section of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the bobble, then secure with one or two pins. Spray again.
Now, backcomb the ponytail lightly to create lots of volume and spray lightly.
The finished look! So sexy.
Now you need to mold the hair into a bun shape. The best way to do this is to start pushing the hair around in one direction and pinning bits in as you make your way round. Try not to use too many pins, I only needed about 6 to do this and it's stayed in perfect all day. Before you give it one final spray, shake your head sharply to make sure its nice and secure.
Feel free to give it a spritz of shine spray or something if you like :)
Hope you like it, Much Love xx

5 comments:

  1. You make this look and sound easy hope mine looks this good. But I don't think it will cause my hair is pretty short :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to a wedding the end of May and was thinking about doing a bun, I'm going to try this! Thanks love <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on! Hope it turns out ok for ya :) xx

      Delete
  3. Looks lovely ...sophisticated but simple to do yay :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx