Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Food Experiment: Veg Lasagne & Bruchetta

Hi Everyone! I got off work early today and decided to do something different (no make-up tutorial this week guys!) I've wanted to try making vegetarian lasagne for ages now, but never really had the time or patience. Turns out it wasn't hard to make at all (just very time consuming, with all the prep work) and it was delicious. I find myself eating a pescetarian diet mainly, but by no means strictly, I just don't really like meat or poultry that much. That said, I think anyone, vegetarian or not, will like this, I even got my boyfriend who refuses to eat mushrooms, tomatoes or any funny-looking veggies, to finish his plate :) this isn't going to be a tutorial as such, but I'll take you through what I used etc. The bruchetta came about because the ciabatta bread was on offer in the shop and I decided to make that as a side. It alone would make a yummy lunch, if you had time to make it. Let me know what you think in the comments!
The Ingredients: Onion, Garlic, Peppers, Celery, Courgettes, Aubergine, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Lasagne Sheets, Dolmio Bolognese Sauce and White Sauce (Im no gordon ramsay ok?). I thought at first I may have too many different flavours going on, but it was amazing.
I fried the veggies on a low heat in a wok (it was the only thing big enough) cooking the hardest veg first (onion, celery, peppers etc) and gradually added in the rest. Herb wise, I very liberally threw in black pepper, paprika, oregano(nomnomnom), basil, coriander, pretty much whatever I fancied. It was an experiment after all. When everything was softened up I threw in the tomato sauce (tinned chopped tomato is fine too, but I got a deal on the two sauces together :)
I composed the rest just like normal lasagne and sprinkled some grated red cheddar and mozzarella mix on top, baked it in the oven for 40 mins, et voila!
Now for the side dish, I used some Ciabatta Bread, Pesto, Cheese (mozzarella and cheddar mix), Tomatoes, Garlic, Basil, Oregano (nomnomnom) and Olive Oil. Any bread will do, I just happen to love ciabatta.
I chopped the tomatoes and garlic and threw in the herbs and oil and covered with cling film and let it marinate in the fridge for an hour (the smell is amazing!). I cooked the ciabatta, slapped on some on the tomato mix ( I kinda ran out) and sprinkled cheese on top and cooked it for another 3 mins.
I suppose this should be served with babyleaf or some shite, but I was so hungry at this stage I just wanted to dig in! What do you think? Will you try it out? :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks delish Lady! Next week is National Vegetarian week, so its just in time. I have a friend who makes her veg lasagne with ricotta cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you really don't like the taste of certain vegetables, try juicing these and adding them to some of your favorites. The user can choose the optimum speed depending on the food to be juiced. Masticating and triturating have an ability to extract the juice of wheatgrass while centrifugal could not even break the grass fibres.

    Also visit my web blog - breville juicer

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a white theme kind of décor you can use water fountain in the entrance of
    your wedding venue. Purchase inexpensive shoes and add decorations to match gowns or headbands.
    For this you may search the internet and find out which
    is the best Toronto wedding d'.

    My webpage: before and after wedding decorating pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wish to say your article is as astonishing.
    The clearness in your post is simply spectacular and
    i could assume you're an expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the enjoyable work.

    my blog post - http://www.ab.wur.nl

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx