Monday, 16 April 2012

Sultry Naked2 Eyes

Hi Everyone! If you've been reading my blog for a while, you may have noticed that I'm not a fan of silver eyeshadows. I don't know why, I just don't like them, they look cheap and they don't in my ever important (lol) opinion flatter any eye colour. So I couldn't help but notice that two of the colours from my Naked2 palette have been completely neglected. Not surprisingly it was the silver shade, Verve and the taupe-grey, Pistol. I figured I'd do something different for those of you who are sick of my never ending bronze-gold looks and ended up quite liking the finished result. Maybe silver isn't such a boring colour after all?
As per usual, Primer Potion was applied first.
On a flat shader brush, I picked up Pistol, and applied it in the inner and outer corners.
With the same brush, using the other side, I took Verve and packed this onto the middle of the lid.
On a large fluffy blending brush and the colour Tease (one of my faves in the palette) I blended this into the crease and up towards the brow. The taupe tones in this brown add a nice contrast to the very cool tones going on in the lid colours.
I also took some of the Tease colour under the lower lashes.
I picked up some Blackout on an angled brush and lined the upper lashline, pushing the colour slightly upward for a softer finish and flicked up at the outer corner.
I applied generous coats of Catrice Better Than Waterproof Mascara (which I'm rather impressed with).
finally, after applying my base etc I filled in my brows with Gosh Brow Kit (the darkest shade). I think I also did some matte highlighting around the inner corner and under the brow.
On my cheeks I had on Mac Well Dressed Powder Blush and on my lips I wore Mac Lipstick in Creme Cup. Hope you like it! Much Love!

9 comments:

  1. I love this look; you're eyes are stunning! I don't really use silver very often, but I really like taupe/grey/brown combinations. I do have one question: did you use blackout dry or damp to line the eyes? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous look, I want you to come and do my make up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen - thanks so much, I'd love to do your make-up! :)
    EmmyJean- I used it dry, I'd be afraid of blocking the colour in the pan if I used it wet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, it really makes your eyes pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this, subtle but very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial! I like how you centered the look around Pistol and Verve, those are two of my favourite colours from the palette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great! Would you please do more Naked 2 and 3 (if you have 3) palette tutorials? I love the colors, but they are intimidating. How do you get your colors to be so vibrant? Whenever I do it, it just sort of ends up melding into a neutral blob. (I use primer, but none of them seem to work - I crease like nobody's business.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a stunning look! I will try it soon! Thanks for sharing! xo

    I’d love it if you stopped by my blog sometime! xo
    FASHIONISTA LOOKS
    MY LATEST POST
    Facebook
    Instagram
    bloglovin
    Twitter
    Youtube

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx