Monday, 16 April 2012

Sucker Punch Babydoll Tutorial

Hi Everyone! I watched Sucker Punch when it first came out and again over the weekend since they're showing it on Sky Movies now and I can't make up my mind on how I feel about it. It's quite possibly the worst film ever made with the best soundtrack ever. And any beauty freak can appreciate the cartoon-ish make-up. Babydoll would actually make an excellent halloween costume I think. This is a really simple look overall, the only tricky bits are the liner and lashes. Hope you like it! :)
I primed my entire lid with uDPP in Eden. On a large shader brush I took Inglot 352 and washed this all over the lid.
Next, on a soft blending brush I took Catrice Starlight Espresso and applied this sharply in the crease to create a dramatic contour, concentrating on the inner corner to make the eye appear to be in a constant worried expression. Don't blend this out too much, it's supposed to look rather harsh.
To deepen the contour, I used a small pointed blending brush and Catrice Heidi Plum eyeshadow. Be sure to use minimal product and a light hand with this step.
The bottom lashline is kept free of colour so to cancel out any redness on the waterline I used Nars rue Bonaparte eyeliner. I lined the top lashline with rimmel Glam'Eyes Liquid Liner. The trick is to not wing it out too much and too keep it slightly thicker and more rounded in the middle of the eye to create a rounded eye shape.
I used Maybelline Illegal Lenghts Mascara (forgot to take pic) and applied Ardell 109 lashes. I felt that these weren't quite enough so I layered Ardell Wispies on top to create that doll-eye look. for my brows I ran a little bit of concealer through them to knock down the colour a little and then used the Gosh Brow Kit (the lightest shade).
On my cheeks I used Mac Well Dressed (satin) blush and on my lips I wore a concoction of lip products but the end result looked nothing like Babydoll's in the film, I went too dark with it. Oh well. Have you seen the film? What did you think? Much Love xxx

7 comments:

  1. I love your blog!

    Great tutorial - you've got that airbrushed, fake looking pretty going on. Will you do a lip tutorial - would love to hear your tips and tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the styling of the Film, the acting and storyline were crap, but the styling and the soundtrack made up for it! Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. baby in a corner - thanks! I will certainly do a lip post, if that's something you'd be interested in :) maybe make a mini series or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial, very helpful! And your liner is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty! I came across your blog when I was looking for Catrice e/s colors. I have most of the ones you have and love them. I'm in the US so not able to get them easily. Great blog! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so talented, beautiful make-up. Also, you must have such a steady hand! My attempt at liquid eyeliner is laughable!

    http://cuteminutenewt.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know i'm a bit late on this post, but i just found your blog and slowly getting obsessed with your tutorials :D
    i just wondered what is the color called left to Catrice Heidi Plum? It's gorgeous, would be great if you could reply :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx