Thursday, 1 March 2012

Jennifer Lopez Oscars 2012 Look

Hi Everyone! I saw Nic from Pixiwoo recreate J-Lo's look from this year's Oscara and I loved the little details in it like the white liner above the flick and the unusual contour in the eye. Hope you enjoy, lets get started! :)


I began by filling in my brows with Catrice Starlight Espresso and applying urban Decay Primer Potion all over the lid.

On the moving lid and inner corner I applied Brule by Mac with a large shader brush.


To create the crease contour I used a small pointed crease brush and the colours Kid and Brown Down, both by Mac. I mapped out the shape with Kid and after blending thoroughly with a clean blending brush I deepened the shape with Brown Down. Take your time with this, really make sure its all nice and smooth and seamless.



Jennifer appears to have a warm golden-ish shade under her lower lashes and for this I used Woodwinked by Mac.


J-Lo loves her brow highlight, so I swept a little bit of Naked Lunch up there. I only now realise how many Mac products I've been using so far, apologies guys :P.
Her liner looks quite soft, so I decided to just use eyeshadow (Inglot 63) to create a winged line on the top lashline and bring it down underneath also. feel free to use whatever method of liner you like :)



J doesn't appear to have anything much on her waterline but if you suffer from reddish waterlines like I do, go in with a little bit of a flesh coloured liner. Also to define the flick of the liner on top, take a white pencil and apply just above the flick, it makes an unbelievable difference!

I decided to go for natural lashes (Ardell 109) just to add some definition. These are great lashes to have for layering and to give density without adding too much length. And that's it!









Whose make-up did you admire at the Oscars? I thought rooney Mara looked fab. Much Love! xx

7 comments:

  1. My friend linked me to your blogpost. I am so in love with this! Definitely going to try it soon!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my loved one! I want to say that this article is amazing, great photos collection. I would like to peer more posts like this. Thanks for your nice sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What white pencil did you use? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx