Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Valentine's Make-Up - Soft Pinks

Hi Everyone! I know this has been done a thousand times over, but I personally havent done a specific Valentine's Day look yet and what better excuse to use pink eyeshadow? This look is perfect if you're going for a romantic dinner with your other half, its soft, flattering, and not too "make-upy" a.k.a, boy friendly. I'm going to do another look tomorrow, a more dramatic one for those of you who are single and going for a mad night out this weekend :)

I began by applying my Urban Decay Primer Potion all over the lid with my ring finger.

Next, I used this soft baby pink loose eyeshadow (I believe its a benefit one, but its discontinued anyhow, so use any pastel-pink you like.) on a flat shader brush and applied it in the inner corner and around the tearduct.


For the rest of the lid, I used this amazing loose colour by Collection 2000 called Sugarplum. Its a yellow-toned pink with lots of peachy shimmer. I have been lusting after Mac's Expensive Pink for some time now, so if you have that, use it. This is by no means a dupe, but it's the closest thing I have. I was looking at EP in Finland at the Mac counter in Helsinki and nearly had a heart attack when the girl told me its €17.50, when I can get the Pro-Pan for €11.50 in Dublin. Madness. Anyway, I applied Sugarplum over the rest of the lid with the same brush as before.


On a large blending brush I picked up a tiny bit of Mac's Kid eyeshadow (similar to Naked by UD) and used this quite liberally to soften out the crease. Alternatively you could use any matte orangey toned colour.


On the waterline I ran a little bit of NARS Larger Than Life Longwear Eyeliner (thats a tongue twister) in the colour Rue Bonaparte.

To make the lashline appear a little thicker I picked up Mac Sketch eyeshadow on an angled brush and pushed this in very close to the lashes.


I applied 2 coats of Clinique High Impact mascara only on the top lashes. it is completely optional weather you apply mascara to the bottom or not, I just felt like the whole look looked fresher and cleaner without.

I added Ardell Demi Pixies lashes, as theyre sexy and give the eye a lovely shape without being super obvious.


On my lips I used benefit Lipstick in Shy. Something that isnt far off your natural lip colour is ideal for a dinner date, as he wont notice it coming off while you're eating and it looks a lot more kissable that fire engine red lips. I also like the texture of Shy, its very creamy and moisturising but has none of that awful frostiness.









Other products used:
Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Buff
Mac Studio Finish concealer in NW20
Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light
Benefit High Beam
Mac Satin Powder Blush in Well Dressed.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely! I love the combination of soft pinky shades and dramatic lashes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love your looks! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sun protection gloves are one of the best ways to protect your hands in the sun, especially when
    you are driving. You might even find yourself flying over top of other riders, so keep your limbs as close
    to your tube as possible. A really great way to make this
    work -- if the store allows it -- is to couple sale items with coupons,
    for even greater savings.

    my blog post: Water Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is through urine and feces that we purge our body of infection.

    Are you looking to get rid of troublesome yeast
    infections. If you apply Aloe Vera gel on the affected areas it can help reduce the itching and burning caused by the infection.


    Here is my web page: yeast infection and bleeding in pregnancy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx