Friday, 10 February 2012

Valentine's Make-Up - Dramatic Cranberry Eyes


Hi Everyone! So this is part 2 as such of my Valentine's looks, as I mentioned yesterday, this is for those of you going for a mad night out this weekend. In saying that, I would probably wear this for a dinnerdate also, there are no rules.

I began by applying Urban Decay Primer Potion all over the lid with my ringfinger and filling in my brows with Catrice eyeshadow in Starlight Espresso. A primer isnt necessary with this look as I'll be using a cream shadow also, but if like me, eye products tend to crease like no other without a primer go for it.

For a coloured base I used Benefit Creaseless (not) Cream Shadow in Stiletto on a small synthetic concealer brush all over the moving lid, blending the egdes with a stiff blending brush.


I used Mac's Sketch Eyeshadow on a small shader brush on the outer and inner corner, leaving out the middle for another colour. Again blending out the harsh edges.


On a short shader, I picked up Infamous eyeshadow by UD from the Mariposa palette and packed this onto the middle part of the lid for a bright pop of colour.


On the same brush, I took a bit of Rockstar eyeshadow and smudged this under the lower lashline for a smokey look.


On a flat shader brush I took a little bit of Brule by Mac and used this as a brow highlight. This is an excellent colour for any additional blending work.


I applied AVON SuperShock Gel Liner in black on the top and bottom waterline (best black liner EVER) and did a dramatic flick with Rimmel GlamEyes Liquid Liner.

Clinique High Impact Mascara on top and Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara on bottom (a duh).

Ardell Wispies et voila! I think this is the 4th time that i've used these so i didnt feel bad about loading them with mascara, as they'll be going to the bin at the end of tonight.









Cheeks: La femme blush in Rose Chiffon
Lips: Creme de Nude lipstick by Mac

4 comments:

  1. I love it! The colours are beautiful, will be trying this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great use for the Mariposa palette - I'm so glad I got it! You look so lovely!

    www.formosacandidus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried this one :-) Check out my entry about it! :D

    http://onelittlepieceofpeace.blogspot.com/2012/02/saras-dramatic-cranberry-eye-make-up.html

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx