Thursday, 12 January 2012

A different smokey eye...

Hi Everyone! Shock Horror Sara finally has a tutorial up! I know, I know... BAD Blogger. The sad thing is that I have no excuse really... This look has no story or purpose, I was just playing around and this is how it ended up! Well lets get started!

I began by applying uDPP in Eden all ove the lid and filling in my brows with Catrice Starlight Espresso.

Taking this Inglot shadow 501 on a flat shader I packed this all over the moving lid.


Next, on the same brush, from the Mariposa palette I took the colour Mushroom (my fave by far) and applied this to the outer corner in a sharp V-shape.


Next on a stiff blending brush, I took the colour rockstar and applied it in the crease directly over Mushroom, blending out the edges.


Taking a little bit of both Mushroom and rockstar under the lower lashline.

You guys know I love a matte highlight, and for this I used Inglot #351.


Now for a fun pop of colour! I took Haight and placed it in the inner corner. I find adding a bright blue in the inner corner always transforms any look into a more catwalky look.


Some black liner on the lower and upper waterline and tons of Clinique High Impact Mascara. I decided to skip liner on top for this one, part laziness and part wanting to do something different (I ALWAYS do liner on top). Ardell Wispies Lashes.



Shape of my hair! I didnt realise how awful it looked hahah. Much Love xxx

15 comments:

  1. great look!!

    http://creepyvanityfair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty eye makeup, I'm loving the blue in it, makes it pop like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful! I really love the teal mix with the smoke I love a contrasting colour on the interior eye. Those ardell lashes are fabulous! Great look!

    Dp
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this look! The colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Not your usual smokey eye but I would definitely try this for a night out! I love how it emphasizes your beautiful eyes x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what? You really have that Urban Decay edgy approach to make-up. You should definitely be their make-up artist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sara!

    Just discovered your blog, i absolutely love this look. Thank you, i was totally out of inspiration, i will try to recreate it without the UD palette since i don't own it :-)

    xo all the way from Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww thanks for all the lovely comments guys! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful...
    http://www.beautymakeupaddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks fantastic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this informative fashion and makeup blog. I found your smokey eye makeup reviews and tips very useful and simple to follow.
    Smokey eye makeup

    ReplyDelete
  12. new subscriber.
    addicted to your blog.
    I still do not see 2011 and 2010.
    But I finish tomorrow.
    This look is now famous for Maya Mia, but you did three years ago.
    I love your work

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx