Monday, 28 November 2011

Lip War: Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick 'Ultimate Orchid' VS Mac Satin Lipstick 'Snob'

Hi Everyone! I've come accross two amazing lip products within the last two weeks and they're very similar so I decided to do a little comparison post :)
Revlon Colourstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in 006 Ultimate Orchid

I've read a few reviews on this and was surprised by all the negative feedback it's been getting, because I am literally loving this! I understand however, why this is a love it or hate it type of product, as it dries very matte, therefore making the lips feel dry, but I dont mind that as that's how I know its staying on. And I mean it, this stuff doesnt budge until you take it off. If I feel like my lips are starting to crack or anything, I just slick on a wee coat of balm or gloss, et voila!
The packaging is simple and sturdy, but looks sleek at the same time so im loving that. The thing I love most about this though, is this particular colour. It's fab. To me, its the perfect pink, but then again as you all know I'm quite the fan of a paleish lip so to me this is perfect, but somebody else might feel like a corpse with this on.
Also, I've been trying to find out how much this costs, but I can't seem to find the retail price anywhere! Downsides: no nice smell (doesnt really bother me, as the scent isnt unpleasant either) and I need to apply 2 coats of this to make the colour nice and even.
Overall rating: 7.5/10



Mac Satin Finish Lipstick in Snob

This is my first Mac Lipstick and I got it about two weeks ago. I've been literally drooling over this colour for the longest time, because it just looked like the most perfect mauvey-toned nude pink, and I wasn't disappointed! It comes in the very classic Mac bullet and it smells lovely and vanillaey.
The finish is Satin, but on mu lips it certainly turns quite matte, which I honestly dont mind one bit (I wouldnt wear either of these colours on a day that my lips look like the grand canyon) and this lasts way longer than a regular creamy finish lipstick does on me. I would need to reapply this maybe every 2 hours. When I say 'reapply' I mean sweep it just in the middle of my bottom lip, thats the only place where it seems to wear off.
The reason why Im comparing these two together is because the colour is very similar. I wouldnt go as far as say the Revlon one is a dupe, but its close. However, because Im not sure of the price difference, I dont know if it would be worth your while to go get the Revlon one instead of Snob, if your heart's set on it. (Snob was €17.50).
Overall Rating: 8.5/10



Whaddya think? Do you prefer matte finishes? If you know the price of the Revlon Liquid Lipsticks, let me know! Much Love xxx

3 comments:

  1. OOH I love Revlon! I don't think I've ever looked for their other lip products besides the lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Revlon is around £9 in the UK, so knowing the mark-ups over here it'd probably be nearer €12 or €13! I actually (prepares to be shot) think I prefer the look of the Revlon one - it's more subtle, and I like lipsticks that stay put (more of a gloss girl). Both are gorgeous though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am somewhere inbetween matte and gloss finishes I dont want matte but i dont want it be uber glossy this is going to sound weird but i want my lipstick to look wet (best way to describe it) love your blog though beautiful tutorials!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your feedback, let me know what you think, make suggestions, ask questions, I'll try to reply to any queries :) Much Love xx